British Comedy Guide

Writers Guild of Great Britain

Hello,

If you are a member I'd be really interested to know what you think of their services. Quite an expensive joining fee, especially if you have an agent to pay as well.

When I was a journalist I was a member of the NUJ but i never really used them at all.

If anyone would care to share I'd be most grateful. If you'd rather PM then I'd be just as glad to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

bounce

I think there are a few members on the site... But from what I've heard if you're unsolictied it's pretty pointless using them, I think you get a couple of letters but the only thing you really notice a change in is your bank balance.

I think it's like most things in life - the more you put into it, the more you get out. It's probably not worth joining if you're not going to get involved in any events or writing groups. Interesting quarterly newsletter though.

Also it doesn't give the impression it was set up just as a money making scheme like many others.

I think it's for people who are really into "being writers" but aren't actually successful... let's join en masse! ;)

they seem to have quite a few successful members.

Depends how you measure success I suppose.

A writer is only as great as other people think s/he is? Success would have to be measured in the overall 'job satisfaction' that the writer feels I reckon.

It's horses for courses, I am not against the WGGB but I think a writer in the main just needs a pen and some paper. In my case, the paper written on by me has a dual roll in the bathroom!

Of course, it's always interesting to see what's going on out there in the "world of writing" and I'm sure WGGB have their fingers in some pies and on some pulses! :)

I'm sure Baumski is a member. He's the man to ask.

Is that where he got his bogus 50 points? :P

Good afternoon gentlemen, and are we STILL going on about those points? Anyway,yes, I am a member of the Guild and have been for many years. I shall now rise above all the abuse (by the way, they're my points and they ain't going anywhere, matey) and PM Paul a little later on.

could you maybe PM me instead please?

Guessing you're not a member of the readers guild.

:O)))))

Oops.

Cheers

;o)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Baumski @ December 11, 2007, 2:13 PM

Good afternoon gentlemen, and are we STILL going on about those points? Anyway,yes, I am a member of the Guild and have been for many years. I shall now rise above all the abuse (by the way, they're my points and they ain't going anywhere, matey) and PM Paul a little later on.

Whistling nnocently