British Comedy Guide

Daddy Issues

I'm really enjoying this. Lots of funny lines, Aimee Lou Wood's reaction faces are hilarious and I've never seen David Morrissey in a comedy before but he's great.

I turned over and noticed David. Wasn't he in Blackpool which wasn't entirely serious.

Seen one episode. Definitely shows promise.

This is about as funny as a (insert derogatory/defamatory word of choice)
No laughs from me.

Well I'm loving it. Quite a few things where I think 'Ah, that's textbook sitcom setup/payoff', like the phone at the funeral, but I didn't really mind. Daddy Issues has what a lot of sitcoms strive for but don't manage - warmth. I care about Gemma and Malcolm's relationship, yes it's silly and a bit unbelievable that a man of his age could be quite that infantile, but it works really well, and Wood and Morrissey are brilliant. I hope it gets another series.

Seen it all now. Very good stuff.

Watched Ep. 1
Pretty good.
They work well together and, despite some of the silliness, it all quite believable.
Will continue.

Whoa this did not take long to go downhill.So many new sitcoms always go rubbish around the fourth episode mark.Another bbc3 show for the bin of obscurity.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd August 2024, 6:23 PM

Watched Ep. 1
Pretty good.
They work well together and, despite some of the silliness, it all quite believable.
Will continue.

Yes I watched the first episode last night too.

I did enjoy it.

Quote: tonecapone @ 23rd August 2024, 11:57 AM

Whoa this did not take long to go downhill.So many new sitcoms always go rubbish around the fourth episode mark.Another bbc3 show for the bin of obscurity.

I disagree. A good series, well worth watching from beginning to end. Roll on, Series 2!

I did like it at the start but episode four with Perry Fitzpatrick playing a nasty ex crack head rent boy among other things ruined it.Could have got another less used actor , ironically he was in man like mobeen straight after.I have ditched this now.The BBC don't produce classic sitcoms no more.

It's very watchable as I rather fancy Mr M. That said, his character is too naive to be believed.