British Comedy Guide

BCG Fantasy Premier League 2024/25 Page 9

Yes that's a good one. Too many to get through in one go but so far like Priti Patel - Spock best, quite uncanny.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th September 2024, 6:22 PM

Yes that's a good one. Too many to get through in one go but so far like Priti Patel - Spock best, quite uncanny.

Wha?

Horse says : "So sorrys to have been away for a while. I have not been at all well. One of the eels on my eel farm leapt so high that it ended up stuck in my lughole before wriggling its way into the pineal gland in my brain.

Luckily, although I have had to have that ear plus eel removed, I have retaineds all my mental faculties by having what they call a lobotomy bypass. This means I can continue to talk sensibles.

So I'm just pleaseds that I have keep in my team this week Niall Quinn, Bobby Charlton, Denis Compton and Dorothea Lambert Chambers. Aren't we all doing well."

Yes, it's a wonderful thing..................IF I'd have given Palmer the armband he would have scored me MORE points that I have in total at this moment 😒

Anton Says:
I was about to rejoin the league, but a centipede that was really Nat Lofthouse talked me out of it, and as he was quitting a league himself he had 99 pairs of football boots to sell on the Stocking market as he always wore big socks but congrats to the Kipper for giving an armband to Cole Porter as he writes good songs but he can't swim, but in songwriting terms it was the differnce between a Gerschwin and a Gerschloss, which in English is Bless you and as Brian Bless you would say Gordon's alive so may be a good pick for captain next week

Ta, yes I thought he was due four goals in one half so went for it. 50's a nice round figure init. And still only got 2 pts more than you. 😬

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th September 2024, 7:59 AM

Ta, yes I thought he was due four goals in one half so went for it. 50's a nice round figure init. And still only got 2 pts more than you. 😬

Pants of fire you jammy git 🤥 As I posted earlier, if only I'd had the courage

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th September 2024, 1:33 PM

the September Manager of the Month which you are currently leading.

The "curse of the commentator" again?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th September 2024, 8:22 AM

Pants of fire you jammy git 🤥 As I posted earlier, if only I'd had the courage

Or was fortunate enough to step in some dog poo

Ya see, it's not all about Haarland.

I had Cole Palmer in my team at the start (he was both the young and gifted part of my team). But then I decided I should have both Haaland and Salah (both also undeniably gifted but not so young) so I had to let Palmer go. Then he goes and scores four goals. It's a minefield out there.

Bloody Hell, he played his Wild Card, presumably to change his entire team, and has a disaster week - what happened, Godot?

Looks more like Broken Arrow than Bowen Arrow.................

Anton says:

Well Cole Porter has created a captainonundrum but in his world anything goes, for the choice of the last man to go down with the ship you could instead go for Erling Hamland or Mo Salad depending on if you are vegetarian, but if you are vegetarian go for Coles law which states it is sensible to captain him if he is going to score 4 goals in one half, speaking of Mo Salad I had a salad once that was only Onions, Marvin Gaye gave it to me, which I thought was mean as he has a whole grapevine to choose from as well

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st October 2024, 8:58 AM

Bloody Hell, he played his Wild Card, presumably to change his entire team, and has a disaster week - what happened, Godot?

Looks more like Broken Arrow than Bowen Arrow.................

The Creek Indians broke an arrow after the Civil War to suggest their acceptance of the cessation of fighting.

The game is a lottery as I have stated many times. After sitting in 2nd place to Radish for most of last season, Kipper and Anton passed me in the last four weeks with 4 goals from Haaland whom they'd both captained. This was the first time Haaland had scored more than one goal in a game for ten matches and he hadn't scored more than a brace all season up to that point. Who did I captain? Palmer.

It's also worth noting that Dan, our spirit guide and lost leader, got 92 points this week, with 21 points on the bench. As every student of the game knows, when Dan does well, it's a highly untypical week and should not be relied on for future planning.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th September 2024, 2:49 AM

Anton Says:
I was about to rejoin the league, but a centipede that was really Nat Lofthouse talked me out of it, and as he was quitting a league himself he had 99 pairs of football boots to sell on the Stocking market as he always wore big socks but congrats to the Kipper for giving an armband to Cole Porter as he writes good songs but he can't swim, but in songwriting terms it was the differnce between a Gerschwin and a Gerschloss, which in English is Bless you and as Brian Bless you would say Gordon's alive so may be a good pick for captain next week

This post demonstrates how difficult it is to pull off that surrealist, stream-of-consciousness-style of comedy.

Where I have often needed to be sedated after one of Radish's posts, and on one occasion required titanium splints on my ribs-- here I only managed a small chuckle, partly disguised by a burp. Anton, I respect you, but you're not ready to fill the big man's slippers, even with those chunky Man U socks I know you wear when playing the game - 'for luck'.

Steve, thanks for relaying Anton's thoughts, which otherwise would have been lost to us, 'like tears in rain'.

We welcome back our popular Manager of the Month competition...

Manager of the Month: August

The first winner of the new season was former winner Godot Taxis, with his tidy ensemble of battyboys and lumbering psychoactive lumpers Bowen Arrow, who made it to an impressive 244 points. Just 8 points behind him was another former winner Steve Sunshine with the topically named Lootin' Town.

Unfortunately there was no presentation ceremony due to lack of interest and Godot being away but both issued statements.

Praise for Steve
Godot said it was an honour to win once again without the acknowledgement of the rest of league and that the game was a lottery anyway except when you use skill to tip the balance in your favour as he had just done.

Godot's Dilemma
Steve said he was pleased to run Godot so close and he would spend the prize money on vegan Brylcreeme.

The ceremony for September's Manager of the Month has already taken place and will be posted shortly