British Comedy Guide

BCG Fantasy Premier League 2024/25 Page 7

Oh well, you've done it for me on this occasion. Thank you.

Stephen Sunshine says

" Hi all apologies I can't be there in person as I've suspended myself from the thread, but I am considering starting a seperate additional clique thread just to keep things simple, in the meantime I just wanted to send a message wishing everyone luck this season, and also I wanted to ask Godot to ask Stephen Goodlad to say Hi to Horse from me "

Goodlad, will you say hi to Horse from Steve.

Cheers

Quote: Ben @ 23rd August 2024, 8:55 PM

I had to bail out of last season's league as I had a few health issues at the start of the year - and indeed up until very recently - so the FPL didn't seem very important to me at the time. Also missed signing up for this year, but I'll be back next season...

Ben, gutted to hear you've been on your sickbed. Presumably a shagging-related injury or a botox gone wrong.

As Kipper says, it's not too late to join the league. There are a number of ways we can do it.

Quote: Feeoree @ 25th August 2024, 8:19 AM

Sorry to hear that, Ben! Hope you are better now (if not, hope you are better soon!)

Feeoree, welcome back. Keep posting, lad.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2024, 10:42 AM

Question on Popmaster this morning: "Young Gifted & Black was a 1970 hit for which duo?"

What's your best score? Have you ever been on?

HorseRadish reads the forums - so will have seen the hi to Horse from Steve.

Meanwhile:

Horse says "It was by Bob and Marcia but originally it was by Nina Simone"

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th August 2024, 9:20 AM

Horse says "It was by Bob and Marcia but originally it was by Nina Simone"

Indeed. In the charts by the former when I was taking my "O" levels. Along with Lola, Yellow River, Big Yellow Taxi, Spirit in the Sky, In the Summertime, etc. Ah, memories...

WARNING!! - To all those who have Haaland in their team!

The 3 weeks are up and as usual I have played my Wild Card, to do my annual complete change of team, which includes Erling Braut Håland and you know what that means - it's the Kiss of Death for any player I pick.

So, beware! And don't come crying to me, saying you weren't warned.

Cos you 'ave been now!!

Most of my players seem to be injured, ill or loaned out.

Horse says "Thanks ever so much Steve - and for being a great bloke".

Not sure if I got the captain pick right this week but when I go last minute tinkering it usually backfires so let's see what this new policy brings... 🤔

I now have 8 starred players, not that that will make any difference to my abysmal score at the end of the day, as they'll all probably play like shit or be mysteriously consigned to the bench.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st August 2024, 11:17 AM

Not sure if I got the captain pick right this week but when I go last minute tinkering it usually backfires so let's see what this new policy brings... 🤔

You seem to have a predominance of Fulham players. Tommy Trinder would be proud.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st August 2024, 12:07 PM

You seem to have a predominance of Fulham players. Tommy Trinder would be proud.

"You lucky people"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th August 2024, 11:27 PM

WARNING!! - To all those who have Haaland in their team!

The 3 weeks are up and as usual I have played my Wild Card, to do my annual complete change of team, which includes Erling Braut Håland and you know what that means - it's the Kiss of Death for any player I pick.

So, beware! And don't come crying to me, saying you weren't warned.

Cos you 'ave been now!!

Looks as if you've made a good move there!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th August 2024, 5:00 PM

What's your best score? Have you ever been on?

Sorry I missed this question first time around. No, I haven't been on. I have twice scored over 30 in 10 years or more but it is more often single figures or teens. A lot depends on the bonus questions of course. The problem is that my music knowledge more or less ends around 1976.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st August 2024, 6:02 PM

Looks as if you've made a good move there!

Thank you and it looks like my curse has been lifted, but then, saying that I could well have jinxed it. 😏

And as they say, fat lady etc.- I still have 5 players to score, including Palmer