British Comedy Guide

BCG Fantasy Premier League 2024/25 Page 5

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th August 2024, 9:23 AM

What you moaning about - you're still in front of me.

Yes, as long as I'm on top of you, Heart x

Wow, what a cracking start, I don't think; but I shouldn't be surprised as it happens to me at the start of every season - I seem to have a shit wish

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th August 2024, 9:50 PM

Thanks.

Says the person who's just let the two best players go. I tried to keep a long term BCGer playing when they were being frozen out, and built the league back up when it was dead and you'd left, how the hell is that wrecking?

For the umpteenth time Don deleted himself from the Clique. I see he has now deleted himself from the breakaway Ding Dong league you created for him. Maybe I should do an Alf Kipper and rag you for the next six months for 'freezing him out'. 🤔

I doubt you will ever see it because your tongue is inexplicably wedged up his arsehole but he does what he wants, when he wants and he hasn't got the slightest commitment to either this forum/league or even basic sportsmanship. He thinks you're an idiot and in truth you have behaved foolishly around him.

As for keeping the league going, when I took over the admin I even managed to get Dan Sweryt to post. This thread's been the longest it's ever been under me and when I stopped posting because of you and your best mate it shrunk to nothing and both Steve and Ben left.

We have 10 players in our league which is enough to have competition and a good laugh.

Let's concentrate on what we do have and not what we don't.

We have 10 players in our league which is enough to have competition and a good laugh.

Well, I suggest we concentrate on that, it's why I joined.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st August 2024, 7:45 AM

Well, I suggest we concentrate on that, it's why I joined.

I agree. So let's have some humour.

I'll get the ball rolling. Lookalikes;
Tent-based Dago cake dresser and icing nudger Pedro Porro and Tottenham right back Prue Leith.

This is worse than last season, and I tell you I'm thinking of chucking it in already as clearly I'm no f**king good at it

Perhaps I could give my slot (ooer) to that Handsome Boy Don? As see little point in carrying on

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st August 2024, 4:57 PM

This is worse than last season, and I tell you I'm thinking of chucking it in already as clearly I'm no f**king good at it

You've got a couple of duff players and you're perhaps missing one or two 'essentials'. But you've also got some great players and one of the players from the 'Team of the Week' - Havertz. I've only got two (Saka, Porro) and I'm at the other end of the table from you.

Quitting now makes no sense. I get that it's frustrating, but just make a transfer that strengthens your team and reassess after next weekend. I guarantee you'll feel different.

The only way is up.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st August 2024, 5:29 PM

You've got a couple of duff players and you're perhaps missing one or two 'essentials'. But you've also got some great players and one of the players from the 'Team of the Week' - Havertz. I've only got two (Saka, Porro) and I'm at the other end of the table from you.

Quitting now makes no sense. I get that it's frustrating, but just make a transfer that strengthens your team and reassess after next weekend. I guarantee you'll feel different.

Thank you Godot - ever the voice of reason

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st August 2024, 6:59 PM

The only way is up.

Well, I can't drop any further! 😆 But I wouldn't put money on that. 😒 I wouldn't be surprised if there was an FPL 3rd Division

My Captain, Ivan Toney is f**king off to Saudia Arabia for the big bucks.
So for my first match, I get a no-show for my nominated captain.
I'm just glad Haaland didn't get a bag full to help us lower down.

Shall we both go out, get drunk and speak of happier times, remembering when we were top of the world and league!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd August 2024, 8:43 AM

My Captain, Ivan Toney is f**king off to Saudia Arabia for the big bucks.
So for my first match, I get a no-show for my nominated captain.
I'm just glad Haaland didn't get a bag full to help us lower down.

That's bad luck.

I wouldn't rely on Haaland being as co-operative at home to Ipswich. He's going to plant those tractor boys a new field of torn arseholes. They'll need to show their CLAAS 😛

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2024, 9:21 AM

Shall we both go out, get drunk and speak of happier times, remembering when we were top of the world and league!

Is this a quote from Hue and Cry or something? Educate me.

Dunno, just rattled that off, and we're ready for Big H and his City crew, hoping to keep it down to 4 nil.

Pun explanation #239;

"He's going to plant those tractor boys a new field of torn arseholes. They'll need to show their CLAAS 😛"

Wees a ready for 'em, Bor