British Comedy Guide

BCG Fantasy Premier League 2024/25 Page 2

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd August 2024, 5:17 PM

Have you ever thought of not biting, Herc? Don's got a blunt bantery style with everyone, not just you.

Dunno about the "not just you", but obviously I'm resolved now to completely ignoring ANY of his posts (he has, after all, reported me for calling him a knob - just shows how childish he is, and was a bit rich!!), even if they are not aimed at me - the trouble is in saying that, it gives him a challenge, which his tiny mind will think it is.

Perhaps he's f**ked off.............we live in hope, as I don't mind friendly banter, but personal uncalled for vindictiveness is another matter

Herc my dear friend, You have to take it with a pinch of salt - or fire back. He has had a pop at everybody, including me.
I find that they are finely crafted insults and I laugh at them. (as intended) Sensitivity and forums do not go together.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd August 2024, 11:20 AM

Now hmm...Maguire or Dier...hmm.

Dier would be a brave shout.

It's blokey style football banter, so there's bound to be a wind up element to some of it

Just so you know Don has reported ME to admins at least 5 times for violating the forum rules (insulting him). I've never reported him. He's not interested in banter at all. He likes to get a dig in but actually can't take it himself.

You're relaying Godot's views as proven facts whether they are or not, and he effectively missed two seasons due to Godot's arbitrary on the spur rule making, and is due back here according to those same rules.

Why do you keep pushing this false information?

• Don didn't play in the season before last by HIS OWN CHOICE. Nobody 'banned' him. He actually posted on here that he 'didn't fancy it' after he presumably didn't do very well in the second team he'd set up in a league none of us could participate in.

• I issued him a ban AFTER he'd told us he wasn't playing, so it could only be effective the following season.

• The only reason Don wasn't in the league for the past two seasons and the reason he isn't in it right now is because HE DELETED HIMSELF. I have never removed him - or anyone else. HE REMOVED HIMSELF in 2022.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd August 2024, 5:17 PM

I decided at 11th hour to give him a chance to play in a another league, annoyed at the unfairness of a unilateral decision to ban him, which Godot didn't even pretend wasn't to some degree, personal.

More false shit. I banned Don for cheating, not for personal reasons. I don't like Don, but I don't like you either and I haven't banned you. I don't like Anton, and I haven't banned him. If I had some bizarre personal animus against Don d'you think I'd have wasted time making him manager of the month pics? Why can't you remember and understand what I say on this? Why do you always keep posting steam off the top of your head?

You should get your old league up and running again Alf.
The animosity is still growing here.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th August 2024, 6:16 PM

Yeah, creating another breakaway league is really going to help.

Why are you such wreckers? Why can't you let things be?

And mate, where's the animosity? Everything I wrote above is true. Try to understand how frustrating it is when someone keeps posting lies and about what you said, did and thought. It's f**king wearying.

I understand Godot and agree it's frustrating but it's the nature of forums. People never change their minds just because someone has pointed out their errors.
But I'll ask - is Rushmore allowed to join?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th August 2024, 6:16 PM

IMO, I don't think that would be a good idea Stephen as it would just cause more animosity and division than it did last year

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th August 2024, 10:28 PM

But I'll ask - is Rushmore allowed to join?

I still do not understand why you support this cheat. We have 10 in theUp the Clique Without a Paddle, and he would only become snidey again and make thing uncomfortable.

My only concern at this late stage is there is only 4 of us in the Head 2 Head, but I'm not giving the code out off my own bat - it's Godot's league, his rules, he decides as far as I'm concerned.

I was given a code by Godot - is it the same code for the H2H?

Scratch that... I worked it out. :D

I just checked my team thinking surely none are injured yet and I had three players with red markers.
Ah, all three permanently transferred abroad. (dint fink of that)

I've just wet myself at the excitement of it all...........

Runs away at the sight of Aaron glowering at me and tut-tutting

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2024, 9:23 AM

I've just wet myself at the excitement of it all...........

Then maybe you should have Wee Willie Henderson in your team.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th August 2024, 3:40 PM

Just so you know Don has reported ME to admins at least 5 times for violating the forum rules (insulting him). I've never reported him. He's not interested in banter at all. He likes to get a dig in but actually can't take it himself.

Why do you keep pushing this false information?

• Don didn't play in the season before last by HIS OWN CHOICE. Nobody 'banned' him. He actually posted on here that he 'didn't fancy it' after he presumably didn't do very well in the second team he'd set up in a league none of us could participate in.

• I issued him a ban AFTER he'd told us he wasn't playing, so it could only be effective the following season.

• The only reason Don wasn't in the league for the past two seasons and the reason he isn't in it right now is because HE DELETED HIMSELF. I have never removed him - or anyone else. HE REMOVED HIMSELF in 2022.

More false shit. I banned Don for cheating, not for personal reasons. I don't like Don, but I don't like you either and I haven't banned you. I don't like Anton, and I haven't banned him. If I had some bizarre personal animus against Don d'you think I'd have wasted time making him manager of the month pics? Why can't you remember and understand what I say on this? Why do you always keep posting steam off the top of your head?

😢

But I like you GT...

All those who've been left out of this season's H2H league and would like to play in one, here's the code for The Ding Donless unless he turns up and it'll be the Ding Don again. Anyway, it's 7xre29. You need to enter before tomorrow's deadline, as they don't allow late entries for Head to Heads.

One bench injury, so made my first transfer already and we haven't even started- shit, I'm keen, but I bet it all (as usual) comes to nowt 😒