British Comedy Guide

US election 2024 Page 17

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th September 2024, 8:36 AM

Bit of a weird argument.
Are you arguing voters should go for Trump simply because he is clearly the least intelligent, most incompetent and least articulate of the two candidates? I don't agree!
Harris's debate win was important because it demonstrated how she is a more suitable leader than Trump not because it showed she can win debates.

No no, I'm suggesting his most populist policies on curbing out of control immigration and thus improving the depressed finances for many millions of Americans is more important than how easily he's beaten in a debate by a trained barrister on live TV.

Trump has already proven himself to be a terrible president.

I disagree at least in part, he's proved to be a terrible diplomat yes, and over reacted badly to losing, with huge personal consequences, and certainly isn't 'presidential', but how many needless wars did he start, and young lives he waste, against so many articulate and 'presidential' presidents? He also started to control their huge immigration problem, that no one else, including Harris wants to touch.

Reagan's record was very mixed. However, he was famously articulate (usually) hence why he was known as The Great Communicator.
He won his debates in 1980 and 1984 so according to your logic should never have been elected!

You don't recall Spitting Image's long running sketch 'The President's Brain is Missing' then, or tabloids like the Mirror ridiculing his intellect almost as much as Trump's is now, or US satirists depicting him a confused cowboy in a suit with a president's badge on trying to find his horse?

Just meant nothing to do with the US election.

It was supposed to be, as a reference to one of our more excitable posters. Obviously it failed. ☹

Immigration actually rose under Trump and the economy worsened. Under Biden, the economy has improved a lot and Immigration has risen more partly due to the recovery and Covid easing.
Trump really only cares about himself.

If you think Trump took an ass kicking - wait until Waltz debates JD Vance next month....

Anyway Trumps buddies continue to discuss the debate

A pro Trump pastor says Harris used witchcraft to beat him

and another of his accolytes said if Harris wins, the White House will smell of curry

So just another day in MAGA world- bat shit crazy racist bunch of retards

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th September 2024, 9:23 AM

You don't recall Spitting Image's long running sketch 'The President's Brain is Missing' then, or tabloids like the Mirror ridiculing his intellect almost as much as Trump's is now, or US satirists depicting him a confused cowboy in a suit with a president's badge on trying to find his horse?

Does any of this mean Trump isn't a stupid ignorant bully? Despite a considerable body of evidence to the contrary?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th September 2024, 12:15 PM

Does any of this mean Trump isn't a stupid ignorant bully? Despite a considerable body of evidence to the contrary?

I don't think Trump is (or was, before he went a bit senile) stupid, but he is arrogant and lazy and increasingly easy to predict, which has made him easy to play for the Democrats. And although he definitely is a bully, quite a nasty one, I don't think he or any of his supporters would see it as a negative. They see it as a mark of strength.

That said, the election is still too close to call and he could easily still win.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th September 2024, 12:15 PM

Not my point again, I was saying that a President's perceived intelligence has no bearing on how popular their presidency is or their policies are, hence the Reagan analogy, rated as one the most popular US presidents ever with Americans and therefore a successful one.

But Trump is slightly different in that his very blunt manner alienates many and therefore he could revive the economy and bring world peace but he still wouldn't be popular or be allowed to be regarded a success. In short anyone who dares to be anti woke and anti migration now are made out to be Hitler clones by the hysterical left, who control most of the broadcast and social media channels.

Elon Musk and the Fox Network heavily support Trump. The easy ride Trump gets from the media partly explain why even now Trump might very well still win.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th September 2024, 8:26 AM

Not my point again, I was saying that a President's perceived intelligence has no bearing on how popular their presidency is or their policies are, hence the Reagan analogy, rated as one the most popular US presidents ever with Americans and therefore a successful one.

But Trump is slightly different in that his very blunt manner alienates many and therefore he could revive the economy and bring world peace but he still wouldn't be popular or be allowed to be regarded a success. .

It's debatable whether he would revive the economy since he's a big fan of tarriifs, and as for world peace, he would essentially kiss the ring of dictators and let them do exactly what they wanted.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 13th September 2024, 9:30 AM

Elon Musk and the Fox Network heavily support Trump. The easy ride Trump gets from the media partly explain why even now Trump might very well still win.

In this country GB news is allowed to broadcast as a 100% biased Tory propaganda machine

In America- the Republican Party has about six tv networks doing the same for them

Like Newsmax, which is about to face criminal charges for publishing lies about the last election being rigged

That's democracy

It seems to me that Kamala Harris is America's Angela Rayner.
When asked a simple question they will both prevaricate, talk nonsense and not go near an answer.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th September 2024, 8:35 AM

It seems to me that Kamala Harris is America's Angela Rayner.
When asked a simple question they will both prevaricate, talk nonsense and not go near an answer.

Exellent!
So she's about to get into power...

Nonsense?

Did SHE say gazillions of lunatics are invading America and eating everybody's pets?

Did SHE say windmills give you cancer?

Does SHE constantly talk about Hannibal Lecter in her rallies?

She said 'not a single American soldier is in a battle zone.
A battalion of soldiers in a combat zone were watching it on TV
They said 'then what the f**k are we doing.

And that's comparable to saying Democrats want babies to be aborted AFTER they have actually been born?

Yep ok