British Comedy Guide

US election 2024 Page 16

Now let's see if he has the balls for a re-match...

Then he can come out with more insane lies, like the one that millions of migrants are coming from lunatic asylums and eating everybody's cats and dogs

🤪🤪🤪

He looked to be on the ropes.
And wasn't helped by the constant fact-checks he was subjected to.
(Perhaps he shouldn't have lied in the first place?)
The highlight was "They're eating people's pets!"
Which not only got a fact-check but also a big laugh from Harris.

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th September 2024, 10:25 AM

The last debate was all about a genial, elderly mumbling old man

This debate was all about an obnoxious, creepy, lying, self obsessed, senile, elderly mumbling old bastard

Harris didn't beat trump last night- he beat himself, repeatedly, by talking absolute horse shit

I disagree with the last bit. Trump was undeniably rubbish but Harris deserves credit too. She didn't put a foot wrong.

I think she needed to outline actual policies a bit better

Anyway he is claiming he won 93% to 6%

Deluded old butthole

Meanwhile, back here on planet Earth

CNN Instant Poll: Who won the debate? (among debate watchers)

🟦 Kamala Harris: 63%

🟥 Donald Trump: 37%

A debate isn't the place for a detailed explanation of her policies. There's no time and your constantly under attack.
She proved herself to be articulate and fully competent. He fell into every easy trap she set for him and exposed himself as a desperate, rambling racist idiot. She did everything she needed to do.

He is claiming it was 'rigged' against him

Maybe due to the fact his absurd lies were actually fact checked by the hosts- unlike last time against Biden when he was allowed to tell lie after lie after lie unchallenged

I bet he only agrees to another if Fox do it - who are 100% unashamedly pro Republican/Trump

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th September 2024, 3:58 PM

A debate isn't the place for a detailed explanation of her policies.

No, never mind about the policies; they're immaterial. As long as the candidate looks and sounds good on TV, that's all that matters in elections nowadays.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th September 2024, 4:41 PM

No, never mind about the policies. As long as the candidate looks and sounds good on TV. That's all that matters in elections nowadays.

You've misunderstood. Both their policies are being scrutinised all the time. Trump is actually all over the place and has barely any clear policies at all.
Looking good and sounding good isn't that important. I don't think Trump or Biden would ever have won if it was.

Anyway, we shan't have to watch another one.
He's bottled it and says he won't debate her again, even if Fox hosted it.
Rattled.

Republicans should do the decent, kind thing and ask him to step down

Give way to another candidate

One who isn't certifiably brain dead

Of course they are all utter cowards and wouldn't have the guts...

And some of his loser followers are now claiming Harris wore special secret ear rings in the debate that fed instructions to her remotely

I'm not even joking

These are the type of FUCK NUTS he attracts

I rang the NHS line yesterday morning to say they're going to need a spare ambulance stacked with sedatives in the Bolton area for a local resident, but I couldn't get through, as usual.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th September 2024, 3:58 PM

She proved herself to be articulate and fully competent. He fell into every easy trap she set for him and exposed himself as a desperate, rambling racist idiot. She did everything she needed to do.

And what if she fails as President on one of USA's most pressing problems, mass and illegal immigration while still looking and sounding great on TV, as she already has in her VC brief?

Reagan was ridiculed for his perceived lack of intellect and verbal gaffs but ended up being one of their most successful and popular presidents ever. And Hitler was articulate and competent but how did that benefit the world? It's policies that make life better for the majority that count, not winning TV debates.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th September 2024, 7:36 AM

I rang the NHS line yesterday morning to say they're going to need a spare ambulance stacked with sedatives in the Bolton area for a local resident, but I couldn't get through, as usual.

The wrong thread, I think. Sorry to hear about that though.

? 🙂

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th September 2024, 8:01 AM

And what if she fails as President on one of USA's most pressing problems, mass and illegal immigration while still looking and sounding great on TV, as she already has in her VC brief?

Reagan was ridiculed for his perceived lack of intellect and verbal gaffs but ended up being one of their most successful and popular presidents ever. And Hitler was articulate and competent but how did that benefit the world? It's policies that make life better for the majority that count, not winning TV debates.

Bit of a weird argument.
Are you arguing voters should go for Trump simply because he is clearly the least intelligent, most incompetent and least articulate of the two candidates? I don't agree!
Harris's debate win was important because it demonstrated how she is a more suitable leader than Trump not because it showed she can win debates.
Trump has already proven himself to be a terrible president.
Reagan's record was very mixed. However, he was famously articulate (usually) hence why he was known as The Great Communicator.
He won his debates in 1980 and 1984 so according to your logic should never have been elected!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th September 2024, 7:36 AM

Just meant nothing to do with the US election.