British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 35

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 4th July 2024, 9:37 AM

I treat his words with the healthy scepticism with which I would treat those of any politician. Johnson's pretty much a pathological liar which is very different.

"If you care about Johnson's dishonesty but dismiss Starmer's, then do you really care about dishonesty at all?" - Owen Jones, Grauniad commentator.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2024, 9:55 AM

"If you care about Johnson's dishonesty but dismiss Starmer's, then do you really care about dishonesty at all?" - Owen Jones, Grauniad commentator.

Case unproven! Changing your opinions over a forty year period is not the same as dishonesty.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2024, 8:26 AM

How one acts and presents oneself when seeking the approval of the electorate and how one acts and presents oneself when no longer constrained by needing such approval are of course two entirely different things. To believe otherwise of a politician is dangerously naive.

Especially in the case of someone who has already shown himself to be a purveyor of untruths and an unprincipled U-turner.

Boris Johnson was found guilty of lying to Parliament.

And did a u-turn over brexit when he was previously pro-EU

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th July 2024, 11:12 AM

Boris Johnson was found guilty of lying to Parliament.

And did a u-turn over brexit when he was previously pro-EU

I'm well aware of that thank you:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2024, 9:12 AM

It does sound like Johnson. But I didn't come on here five years ago and basically tell everyone to believe everything he'd been saying and doing. And I can imagine the response had I done so.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th December 2020, 2:34 PM

we know from his two prepared Brexit arguments that he will take up any label that best advantages Boris Johnson

My point is that Starmer is no different. Whether he's trying to decide what a woman is or whether or not he is a friend and colleague of Jeremy Corbyn and supporter of the 2019 manifesto, like Johnson, he goes with whatever he thinks best advantages him in the eyes of those he is trying to woo rather than sticking with any ideology.

The main difference though is that Johnson has virtually destroyed the Tory party and made them unelectable with his atrocious incompetency and lying (something that many, many people predicted would happen)

Starmer has transformed an unelectable Labour party that was on its knees and won them power (in a few hours)

🚨Exit poll is in......

WE'RE ALRIGHHHT!
WE'RE ALRIGHHHT!
WE'RE ALRIGHHHT!
WE'RE ALRIGHHHT!
WE'RE ALRIGHHHT!
WE'RE ALRIGHHHT!

🌹πŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚πŸŒΉ
πŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚πŸŒΉπŸ₯‚

βœŠπŸ˜πŸ‘

Well.
That was a long 14 years.

Back of the net!!

2019 exit poll was around 95% accurate

You can pretty much take this to the bank

Tories have done far better than polls have been suggesting

SNP could be annihilated

Reform 13 seats? Ugh....

LANDSLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!

Mad Nads on Channel 4 .....face like a smacked arse

Someone let Rwanda know - the deals off

George Galloway gone

Refused to stand on the podium

Pointless twat and a sore loser

F**k off

Grant Shapps....

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2024, 9:55 AM

Owen Jones is nowhere near my favourite pundit but he's right here. Keith is just about the most dishonest politician of recent times. If he'd told the truth in his leadership election he'd have got about 4% and would never been elected.

I didn't vote for him and had his number long before. He's destined to be become as hated as Boris or even more. He's a corrupt careerist and a law and order nutcase. Mark my words, in a year's time he'll be the most hated man in Britain.

MORDAUNT GONE

REES MOGG GONE

STARMERGEDDONNNNNNNN

πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸ‘ŒβœŠ

Liz Truss just lost her seat! Astonishing.

Astonishing and absolutely f**king hysterical

Massacred 🀣🀣🀣

Only 4 seats (so far) for reform. And only the more infamous reform candidates got in - which sort of represents (to me) how shallow their whole schtick is. They rely on the trumpian style celebrity-based, attention grabbing, shiny object method of gaining votes. Now he's got what he wanted, I wonder if Nigel will ever set foot in Clacton again?