British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 32

Do I detect fear?
Is that what is stoking the fire of hate?

I think we all know where the real fear is coming from.

Tory party behaving like a naughty child that has been told it's about to be punished

But before it is, its thrashing around screaming and spitting and throwing all its toys down the stairs feeling sorry for itself and lashing out

Truly, truly pathetic and embarrassing

That's why they are doomed, they aren't fit to run a chip shop, let alone a country

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd July 2024, 10:24 AM

That's why they are doomed, they aren't fit to run a chip shop, let alone a country

Having said that "Fishy Rishi's Chippy" does have a certain ring to it.

Tories did a bizarre Party Political Broadcast the other day. Warned people that Labour might initiate nuclear disarmament! They seemed to be trying to target extremely elderly voters who might think we're still living in 1983.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 2nd July 2024, 10:58 AM

They seemed to be trying to target extremely elderly voters who might think we're still living in 1983.

...when, incidentally, Michael Foot's left-wing manifesto included leaving the EEC, a proposal to which Margaret Thatcher's Conservative party was opposed. Despite left-wingers today wrongly insisting on Brexit being a product of "the right".

Times change!
It generally wasn't then.
It generally is now!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd July 2024, 1:12 PM

...when, incidentally, Michael Foot's left-wing manifesto included leaving the EEC, a proposal to which Margaret Thatcher's Conservative party was opposed. Despite left-wingers today wrongly insisting on Brexit being a product of "the right".

Old school left-wingers & Trots have always been anti-EU because they believe it to be a capitalist organisation.
Hence Corbyn's dreadful, luke-warm non-campaigning which led, in part to the regrettable outcome.

The most horrendous thing about Brexit is that the only reason it ever even came about was that Cameron was sick of the euro sceptic trouble makers in his party (those Bastards as per John Major) and for that reason and that reason only - his government held a referendum

Absolutely nothing to do with what was right or wrong for the country- it was all about squabbling idiots in the Tory party

And THAT is why they are unfit to govern

As Starmer always points out - with that lot it's party, party , party first , first , first - then country second

And the punchline?

Did it stop the splits in the Tory party over Europe anyway? After all that??

Did it f**k as like

Now the rest of us have to live with the consequences

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd July 2024, 2:30 PM

Old school left-wingers & Trots have always been anti-EU because they believe it to be a capitalist organisation.
Hence Corbyn's dreadful, luke-warm non-campaigning which led, in part to the regrettable outcome.

As I said...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd July 2024, 1:12 PM

left-wingers today wrongly insisting on Brexit being a product of "the right".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd July 2024, 5:00 PM

As I said...

Well, it was and is a product of the Right.
The Left just didn't get 'involved', thanks to the Office of the Leader of the Opposition.
(Wanker.)
Over 80% of Labour member were against Brexit - including our soon to be PM (who, in my opinion could have played it a lot less safe on the Brexit front during this election)
True, disingenuous campaigning managed to convince a section of the working class & former Labour voters that it would be good for them - but the motives were entirely driven by a desire for a highly de-regulated, ultra-free-market, Neo-Con, Singapore-on-Sea style UK.
None of which has ever been any good for the ordinary guy.

None of which has ever been any good for the ordinary guy.

Of course it has, if only for millions to cry every day for years that they didn't get their own way.

Ah! The old 'Dog in the Manger' factor.
The only tangible benefit of Brexit aopart from the implosion of the Tory party.

And there's the rest of us just using our vote to make life better for people.

I just so happened that the Leave campaign had more convincing liars than the other lot...

Do you want to borrow my hanky?