British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 3

Judging by the P.M. musical chairs we've had in the past few years, I seriously doubt that any P.M. from any party will last a full term. Howling mistakes, skeletons in cupboards, and in-party backstabbing will be well to the fore.
What chance a lefty-left wing coup to oust Starmer after one year in charge?

Quote: Sydney @ 23rd May 2024, 6:30 PM

What chance a lefty-left wing coup to oust Starmer after one year in charge?

There's not really enough of them.
Those that there are, though, will be a sodding nuisance.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 23rd May 2024, 6:20 PM

Only 29% of eligible voters actually voted for Boris Johnson in the 2019 General Election. And that's usually considered a big win

And don't forget 0% voted for Truss or Rishi Sunak as PM

Squatters in number 10

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd May 2024, 6:11 PM

Nor is a general election. We need stability - not a change of government every few years.

You believe all parties are the same now, billy, which means logically we have stability because no matter who takes over and forms a government the policies remain largely the same.

Depending on who wins, how about a sweepstake on how many days it takes before a minister is sacked or has to resign following an act of incompetence/ disgrace/corruption? It WILL happen....

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd May 2024, 6:52 PM

You believe all parties are the same now, billy, which means logically we have stability because no matter who takes over and forms a government the policies remain largely the same.

That's very true. Once the election is over and the dust has settled we'll hardly notice the difference.

But it is the run up to the election - including the preceding year or two with give away budgets that we can't afford, the purdah period when the process of government grinds to a halt for some six weeks and the antagonism caused by the debates - that is the destabilising factor.

First poll since election called

@techneUK

Labour 45%
Tory 19%
Reform 14%
LD 12%
Green 5%

Lib Dems would form his Majesty's opposition on these figures

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd May 2024, 9:12 PM

First poll since election called

@techneUK

Labour 45%
Tory 19%
Reform 14%
LD 12%
Green 5%

Lib Dems would form his Majesty's opposition on these figures

The Lib Dems? Why?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 23rd May 2024, 9:33 PM

The Lib Dems? Why?

Because he's mental.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2024, 10:14 PM

Because he's mental.

Nope!

Due to our FPP electoral system, based on those figures the Lib Dem's would have more seats than the Tories

Labour 519 seats
Lib Dem's 62 seats
Conservatives 34 seats
Reform 0 seats
Greens 2 seats

Ed Davy would be doing PMQ's with Starmer

👏😁

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd May 2024, 10:35 PM

Nope!

Due to our FPP electoral system, based on those figures the Lib Dem's would have more seats than the Tories

Labour 519 seats
Lib Dem's 62 seats
Conservatives 34 seats
Reform 0 seats
Greens 2 seats

Ed Davy would be doing PMQ's with Starmer

👏😁

I see.
I don't think the Tories will do anything like that badly myself.

Yes, this is brilliant, and I believe Ronnie Barker did one in a similar vein

Sunak desperate for TV debates with Starmer

What's the point?

If its anything like pmq's for the last two years, Sunak won't answer ANY questions, blame 14 years of failure on the Labour party and blather on and on about Jeremy f**king Corbyn

Sunak turned up in Ireland today to visit the Titanic exhibition.....

That's...the Titanic..........

Nah, he's making it too easy now 🤣

75 Tory MPs have now announced they are abandoning this particular sinking ship before they hit a massive f**king iceberg

(How many Tory voters are there in Ireland anyway? )