British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 23

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th June 2024, 10:57 AM

Looks like I'll be voting Green this year.
There's a first time for everything. https://www.getvoting.org

Are you voting tactically?

Yep.
Green are running second at the moment.
Ours is a traditionally blue seat - huge majority.
But with Reform splitting the vote and Centrist Tories, who would never vote Labour, mainly going to Green (the state of the River Wye and intensive chicken farming being the main drivers) it's seems like the smart move.
Plus, with neither Labour nor LibDems targeting the seat, and the Greens pushing it heavily, there's a chance to topple the incumbent.
That's the plan anyway!

I certainly won't be voting for these dickheads

The Reform UK parliamentary candidate for Welwyn Hatfield has defended saying Adolf Hitler was "brilliant" at inspiring people into action.

In an X post from 2022, Mr Aaron said the Nazi dictatorĀ was "brilliant" at using socionics personality traits to "inspire people into action", before criticising his "basically incoherent writing and rationale".

In other comments, he said Vladimir Putin's use of force in Ukraine was "legitimate", and that Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad was "gentle by nature".

The way things are going I think that Labour will get in by default. The voters want the Conservaties out but won't vote Labour and instead the Libs and Greens will be picking up their votes.

Boris Johnson was due to join the campaign trail any day now

But he's going on his holidays instead....

Lol

Even that idiotic fool isn't going to waste his time backing a loser

šŸ¤”

Quote: Chappers @ 19th June 2024, 7:26 AM

The way things are going I think that Labour will get in by default. The voters want the Conservaties out but won't vote Labour and instead the Libs and Greens will be picking up their votes.

The Tory work and pensions Secretary doesn't seem to agree....

"Mr Stride told the BBC: "That shows us a long way behind Labour and, indeed, if you take those polls and extrapolate that into a result, you could end up seeing a Labour government with 450 or 460 seats, the largest majority virtually in the history of this country"

That's a Conservative- saying Labour could be on the verge of its largest majority- ever

Quote: Chappers @ 19th June 2024, 7:26 AM

I tend to think nobody ever wins by default. No matter how unpopular the government is (and make no mistake, this government really is VERY unpopular) the voters won't take a chance on anyone new unless they are sure they can do better. Labour's reputation has improved dramatically under Starmer. If Labour win, it'll be because people genuinely want a Labour Government under Keir Starmer.

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th June 2024, 1:00 PM

The Reform UK parliamentary candidate for Welwyn Hatfield has defended saying Adolf Hitler was "brilliant" at inspiring people into action.

I'm not sure anyone with a brain would disagree with that statement. It doesn't mean they think he was right in doing it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th June 2024, 10:09 AM

I'm not sure anyone with a brain would disagree with that statement. It doesn't mean they think he was right in doing it.

Yes - but why would you say it out loud?

Maybe he was trying to say his leader Farage is similarly brilliant at it. šŸ˜

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th June 2024, 10:09 AM

Insane that anyone in politics would consider that a sensible thing to say!
An insight into the Reform UK mindset.

Tories crying about Labour's plan to give 16 year old the vote, as it favours Labour

Well boo f**king hoo

The countless ways the Tories have tried to suppress the Labour vote in recent years - voter ID (old people's bus passes OK, students rail cards - no) , redrawing constituency boundaries in their favour, changing the laws on ex-pats voting, they have hijacked the electoral commission, David CameronĀ barred colleges and familiesĀ from registering young people, etc etc

You want to play dirty, bring it on, you cheating, corrupt, power mad bastards

Will 16 year olds want to vote for a party that's scrapped its Green policy promise but isn't scrapping student fees, supports Israel's right to wage war in Gaza, praises Margret Thatcher and waves the Union Jack about more than Sunak? We'll see.

I doubt many 16 years olds would bother to vote so I can't see much advantage to any party. Although they are allowed to have sex at that age, so why note vote too.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th June 2024, 11:43 AM

Will 16 year olds want to vote for a party that's scrapped its Green policy promise but isn't scrapping student fees, supports Israel's right to wage war in Gaza, praises Margret Thatcher and waves the Union Jack about more than Sunak? We'll see.

I doubt they'll vote Tory either. I doubt many people will.

It's a well known scientific fact that the older and more selfish and demented you get, you're more likely to vote Conservative

The youngsters haven't fallen for their bullshit yet šŸ¤”