British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 21

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th June 2024, 11:08 AM

You should've been at school in the '70s & 80s Chris. Racism wasn't a crime then, it was everywhere, .

I was ! For most of the 80s anyway. But you are right: there have always been a few racist arseholes around.

It was 'give as much as you get' with no real malice. We played an all black football team twice a year. They were called Afro Utd.
The game was aggressive with constant racist slurs - both ways.
Afterward, it was 'all to the pub and a good laugh between foes. Racism wasn't invented then but calling names was..

No, I meant the concept of racism didn't actually apply to a lot of everyday sayings of the period. If it had then many people and certainly teachers wouldn't have been saying them, as they don't now. Now the term racism means every little thing said in very different times with no real intent to cause offence and very often no offence taken.

The (mainly lefty) PC movement has demanded that everyone be mortally offended by every little non PC saying of the past, which was said in the context of very different times and often without the intent to offend.

Sorry Stephen you got there before me. Yes, that's exactly what is was like, I remember when I was at school in Leeds there was a group of older boys who hung around with some of the black kids to look cool, and they would be Chalky this and Honky that, and even much stronger tbh, the words that Lofthouse freely used, but they were great mates who'd stick up for each other if picked on. Different times, different context. It didn't equate to racism one bit.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th June 2024, 11:24 AM

Not even close

Even if the reform party did a deal with the tories (over my dead body - Richard Tice) - those figures suggest Reform would get maybe 3 actual seats

Meaning that in the very very remote possibility of a hung parliament- the tories would be by far the smallest party compared to Labour and reforms 3 seats would be no help whatsoever

Because they are 'neck and neck' percentage wise doesn't mean they will get the same seats! The first past the post system doesn't work that way!

Labour is in course for a majority- the only question remaining is how big

According to Electoral Calculus , the poll you were referring too would result in for 462 seats for Labour, 68 seats for the tories and 4 for reform

You clearly don't understand FPTP

I do. You don't understand humour. Which is a bit odd on a comedy site.

I understand that both of your posts today are completely laughable

A coalition government - no

Racism was just a bit of harmless fun - no

That Wes Streeting seems a nasty piece of work.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2024, 1:07 PM

He's an ambitious man...

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th June 2024, 12:37 PM

I understand that both of your posts today are completely laughable

Racism was just a bit of harmless fun - no

It's no wonder people like you believe in conspiracy theories all the time, you deliberately misread or twist what someone says you don't agree with into something you wanted them to say, but actually didn't. Not something you can just blame on your glasses. 🤓

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2024, 1:07 PM

Because he wants to expand Labour's social care plans?
You may not agree with him, of course. But I'm not sure "nasty" is the word I'd use.

Well he hasn't been sacked for lying to the House, or bullying, or islamaphobic comments , or breaking the parliamentary code, or acting in a sexually inappropriate way - unlike countless members of the last government....

Well, you have completely changed my mind.
I can't wait for this wonderful faultless Labour Party to be in charge,
I'll look forward to your hourly posts about all the great things they are doing.

Go Labour...

Not long now

😎😎😎

The right clearly didn't learn from Truss wrecking our economy

Reform follow up the tories manifesto of unfunded policies worth billions and billions - with their own unaffordable load of garbage

It makes Truss' mini budget disaster look like cautiously prudent policy making in comparison

Ignoring the hypocrisy of course, that It's only Labour just spends and spends and spends

I hope the Lib Dems push these dangerous f**king lunatics into 3rd and 4th place

Redfield & Wilton Strategies
@RedfieldWilton
39m
Labour leads by 25%.

Tied-lowest Conservative % (worse than Truss).

Highest Reform %.

🇬🇧 Westminster VI (14/6-17/6):

Labour 43% (+1)
Reform UK 18% (+1)
Conservative 18% (-)
Lib Dem 12% (-1)
Green 5% (-)
SNP 3% (-)
Other 1% (-)

Labour = 512 seats
Lib Dems = 57 seats
Tory = 31 seats
Reform = 4 seats
Me = absolutely pissing myself laughing

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th June 2024, 3:35 PM

Well, you have completely changed my mind.
I can't wait for this wonderful faultless Labour Party to be in charge,
I'll look forward to your hourly posts about all the great things they are doing.

Go Labour...

Nobody thinks Labour are perfect or that any incoming government won't have it's share of problems.
But the fact is that the present government which you have unceasingly supported has been an almost total disaster. If people are yearning for change, who can blame them?

Of course Labour will have a tough job

They have inherited an absolute dumpster fire of a country

The tories wrecked EVERYTHING