British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 18

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th June 2024, 8:24 AM

It's a disaster for him. The Tories are aghast too. It takes the heat off Biden and crapgate though.

Sunak is the Tory leader. There's an election on. It's a disaster for the Tories too!

Have finally got the message about me? 2 Poll cards this morning, one for t'wife and one for son, but not one for me.

I wonder if the thought police will be round to arrest me soon.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th June 2024, 10:46 AM

I wonder if the thought police will be round to arrest me soon.

You need to have an actual thought in your head before the Thought Police arrest you, Herc. You're safe. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ 11th June 2024, 10:54 AM

You need to have an actual thought in your head before the Thought Police arrest you, Herc. You're safe. ;)

Cheeky Monkey

Tory manifesto in a nutshell

We know we won't win, so here's billions and billions of unaffordable policies - that we know we will never have to introduce , so it doesn't matter

Funny how there does actually seem to be a magic money tree - but only when the tories are in trouble

P.s. the Tories have delivered on 2 of the 42 promises in their 2019 manifesto - TWO

Although I'm always happy to get NI cuts, I'm not sure it's that big a vote winner. They had NI cuts at the last budget and it didn't move the opinion polls one iota.

"The Conservatives have built a "Jeremy Corbyn-style manifesto" that will "load everything into the wheelbarrow" without explaining how to pay for it, Sir Keir Starmer has said. The Labour leader derided the Tory manifesto ahead of its release on Tuesday, comparing it to the proposals put forward by his predecessor in 2019"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tories-offering-jeremy-corbyn-style-manifesto-says-starmer/ar-BB1o0JQF?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ASTS&cvid=a421401303734a1880685e1d2a6b5b11&ei=4

That's the proposals he was promoting and urging everyone to vote for five years ago is it? (That, of course, was when Jeremy Corbyn was "a friend and a colleague")

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th June 2024, 12:53 PM

"The Conservatives have built a "Jeremy Corbyn-style manifesto" that will "load everything into the wheelbarrow" without explaining how to pay for it, Sir Keir Starmer has said. The Labour leader derided the Tory manifesto ahead of its release on Tuesday, comparing it to the proposals put forward by his predecessor in 2019"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tories-offering-jeremy-corbyn-style-manifesto-says-starmer/ar-BB1o0JQF?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ASTS&cvid=a421401303734a1880685e1d2a6b5b11&ei=4

That's the proposals he was promoting and urging everyone to vote for five years ago is it? (That, of course, was when Jeremy Corbyn was "a friend and a colleague")

Maybe he's like Liz Truss and has undergone a huge road to Damascus moment that has fundamentally changed him.

Nigel Farage has been attacked again - this time rocks were thrown at him.
He must be getting to people.
Violence and assaults for what reason?

Allowing fans of Adolf Hitler in his party probably doesn't help his cause

So it's alright to assault him. Got ya.

I'd be interested to see a graph with Jesus at one end and Hitler at the other - and for someone to show me the exact point where it starts being acceptable to chuck things.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th June 2024, 12:53 PM

CCR.
Collective Cabinet Responsibility.

Funny I've never heard Farage speaking out against the mindless, violent thugs who rioted in Washington at the behest of his felonious pal Donald

That was perfectly acceptable to him I'm guessing - even when a police officer was murdered

Farage, Trump - violence seems to follow them around for some reason....

Preaching hatred and racism and xenophobia tends to piss some people off

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th June 2024, 1:09 PM

Nigel Farage has been attacked again - this time rocks were thrown at him.
He must be getting to people.
Violence and assaults for what reason?

Oh, and it was cups - quite large ones - but cups nonetheless.

That's ok then, a ceramic cup couldn't hurt you thrown hard.
You lot really can't accept that it's violence against a politician - because you don't like him.
You really are despicable people.