British Comedy Guide

Mr. Bigstuff

I used to really enjoy watching After You've Gone. It was inoffensive and gentle, but it always made me laugh. I always thought Ryan Sampson was a terrific comic actor who I'm surprised didn't go on to bigger things, so to see that he's now written and starring in his own sitcom is a welcome surprise. Starts on Sky Comedy in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5__DZCf29I

Interesting, first I'd heard of it. I'm not familiar with After You've Gone but this might be worth a watch - Danny Dyer often comes across as quite a naturally funny bloke.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 9th May 2024, 1:49 PM

I used to really enjoy watching After You've Gone. It was inoffensive and gentle, but it always made me laugh. I always thought Ryan Sampson was a terrific comic actor who I'm surprised didn't go on to bigger things, so to see that he's now written and starring in his own sitcom is a welcome surprise. Starts on Sky Comedy in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5__DZCf29I

Not much chance of it being "inoffensive and gentle" if Danny Dyer is involved.

Quote: a plate @ 9th May 2024, 7:20 PM

........................Danny Dyer often comes across as quite a naturally funny bloke.

Cannot stand him!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th May 2024, 11:03 PM

Cannot stand him!

My thoughts exactly. Let's face it Mr dyers acting ability is quite that...dire: he effectively just plays himself in every single role! That's stealing living in my opinion and I'm amazed people can't see through it?

Little big man Ryan Sampson is Rotherhams finest export.Isnt he 38 now , want do you want to be when you grow up taller son taller.Joking aside he has made a decent living out of propping up Rodney plonker and now Danny dyer is seems.Iam really 50/50 on this getting another series though d.d is such a one trick pony.

The first episode made me laugh a few times, which for a new comedy these days I think is impressive. I always thought Sampson had great comic timing and he shows it off here brilliantly. Dyer is pretty much as expected, though I like how he's willing to take the piss out of his macho image.

Hugely enjoyable first two episodes.

I can't bring myself to watch Danny Dyer.

First two down,as most have said Dyer is an acquired taste but I like it so far
Good to see Ryan Sampson leading as he plays my favorite Brassic character.

If Danny Dyer is in it, it will be shit - cannot stand the bloke!!

I stopped watching Mr. Bigstuff after the first episode - didn't work for me. But I maintain that Danny Dyer can be very funny when he appears as himself on panel shows - his appearances on Would I Lie To You, and when he talked about aliens on 8 Out of 10 Cats were comedy gold...

Nope, he always sounds like he's droning on and on and on and on .........................

Looking forward to season 2.
The casting of two of my favorite actors Geoff Bell and Clive Russell sealed the deal.