British Comedy Guide

Piglets Page 3

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th August 2024, 2:10 PM

Watched the first episode. Didn't even smile once. Even Mark Heap being 'Heapy' didn't help. It really was very poor.

Which bits were funny Dave?

All of it. I love Heap, Green Wing and have a soft spot for Sarah Parish (even looking like that!)

Sarah Parish, her what ruined Trollied. I hope Piglets gets axed really soon. I would have gone with the title Dibble Force. ITV, the home of moron fodder.

Yeah, let's hope pretty much the only current sitcom on TV is axed! Who cares if some of us like it.

Agreed. It's a lovely bit of silliness. Good escapism.

Piglets, I am arresting you for impersonating a sitcom

You do not have to say anything, ever again

Ever

Please

Well, the beyond-abysmal ratings mean it's a shoe-in for the axe (I'm very doubtful it's done well enough on ITVX to compensate), but I have to say - aside from the dodgy first episode (which is a shame, as it set the rest of the series up for a fall) - I've thoroughly enjoyed Piglets. Laugh-a-minute, and I mean that. My only criticisms overall are that some of the characters could probably have done with being refined/defined more, with the development of relationships/interactions between characters a bit abrupt, sudden and skippy at points. But that's a relatively common trait with first series of stuff... (my immediate thoughts go to Friday Night Dinner, Mrs. Brown's Boys, and US sitcom Superstore).

If it somehow does survive, I suspect - accompanying its inevitable ITVX boxset - there's a hole waiting on ITV2 for it to burn.

I've just caught up on the second half of the series after a busy month and it was just what I needed. Escapist silliness with plenty of laughs throughout.

I'd be very keen to see a second series, particularly for the Steph/Leggo relationship and Paul.

Utter dross: so bad it made one think it was written by sixth formers?

Quote: gb901 @ 2nd September 2024, 7:46 PM

Utter dross: so bad it made one think it was written by sixth formers?

But did you ever like Green Wing?