British Comedy Guide

Ghosts - Series 5 (+ final Special)

Ghosts is coming to an end, initially it was announced it would end with Series 5 (starting this Friday) but they announced today they're rounding it off with a Christmas special.

Personally still loving the show, a great mix of silliness and emotional weight. Shame to see it's ending but I guess they want to go out on a high and not overstay, hope they stick the landing!

I'm so glad there's one last Christmas special. Although they always make me cry, so this one will probably kill me.

Very sad for the wider comedy sphere that such a good, mainstream show is ending - but totally understandable for the show itself. I'll be sad to see it go.

The team don't stay still for long, they'll have a new show or a movie somewhere before long hopefully!

But I need more of The Captain. :(

Well as I read, being ghosts they don't age at all whereas the actors do so it can't go on forever.

I thought I recognised the face of the insurance "investigator".

Anna Crilly who did a sketch show with Katy Wix (who is no longer in Ghosts).

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2023, 9:26 PM

I thought I recognised the face of the insurance "investigator".

Anna Crilly who did a sketch show with Katy Wix (who is no longer in Ghosts).

Ah, looked up Anna Crilly and she was also in Lead Balloon (pretty good Jack Dee sitcom) as regular character Magda.

I recently started watching Ghosts, a bit late to the party, but was inspired by the recent discussion here in the 'what are you watching on tv' thread. Seen the first 3 episodes so far, and I rather like it - kind of traditional yet fairly original, and a good cast (already liked Simon Farnaby, Charlotte Ritchie and Kiell Smith Bynoe from seeing them on other things).

So, it's good to know that they maintain the quality throughout the next few series, and assuming I stick with it, will look forward to watching the rest eventually.

(I checked out the thread on this forum about series 1 but the discussion there went a bit tits up!)

It's bloody marvellous. Probably my favourite UK show of the last decade.

Personally I don't think this series is up to scratch!

Quote: gb901 @ 19th October 2023, 11:52 AM

Personally I don't think this series is up to scratch!

Where are the bed bugs when you need them?

I'm enjoying it but I guess they're aiming to wind it up somehow.

So, late to the party watching Ghosts. Absolutely gutted it's finished. The show is the perfect combination of the history and story of the ghosts and the todays living people. What a magical story. I now want to have the same level of communication, I have started to do ouija boards, l and scary ng to get in contact with the dead.

That's the spirit!