British Comedy Guide

Which is the best 90s cartoons ever?

The most re-watchable cartoons from the '90s which should be required viewing for any fan.

The Simpsons (someone had to say it)
But Futurama is better (began 1999)

When was Crapston Villas on?

The Flintstones & Top Cat. Haven't watched any cartoons since my childhood.

Popeye

They're not 90s though are they. And Crapston Villas was 95-98.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th November 2022, 8:12 PM

They're not 90s though are they. And Crapston Villas was 95-98.

Never watched it, but from a quick search, what an impressive voice cast! Mark Heap, Chris Morris, Kevin Eldon etc, and also more 'old school' like Steve Steen, etc...

Monkey Dust

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2022, 9:05 PM

When was Crapston Villas on?

Thanks for the heads up it looks good. It's currently on C4 for free. What did you like about it Chappers ?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th November 2022, 8:12 PM

They're not 90s though are they.

That's my point. Why would I be watching cartoons in the 90s? I was an adult by then.

Is there a difference between 'cartoons' and 'animation'?
Because I would include the work of Studio Ghibli.

Oooh, get us with our liking of obscure animators that no one had heard of and have to Google ?

Obscure?
Used to watch them with the kids.

As told by Ginger was a great cartoon I use to watch it with my kids as it was on two levels.
However to date I have yet to see anything better than Fred Quimbys Tom & Jerry as it had it all.
Top Cat was a kids version of Bilko but without the magical pen of Nat Hiken who despite being born in Chicago nailed New York Jewish humor.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th November 2022, 10:48 AM

Obscure?
Used to watch them with the kids.

Just asked my son, and he remembers them when he was in his twenties, twenty five years ago, so I presume you are younger than you look in your avatar ?and/or had kids later than me.