British Comedy Guide

Sneakerhead

Anyone seen this yet? Sneakerhead is a new sitcom about the workers at a sports shop, starring Hugo Chegwin, Big Zuu, Francesca Mills, Lucia Keskin, Mark Silcox and Alexa Davies.

I watched the first 2 episodes earlier, and quite liked it. Well, I chuckled a few times. Not blown away, but I'll stick with it.

Some of the dialogue is a bit "innit bruv" and whatnot, which can sometimes grate on me a bit, but the main lead (Chegwin - Keith's nephew, who was also apparently in People Just Do Nothing, which I haven't seen) is quite endearing.

Had a look for reviews online, only found one from The Guardian so far, which gave Sneakerhead a pretty negative review and 2/5 rating.

Like it but they should make more use of Alexa Davies as the " girlfriend" from hell . Francesca Mills is a scene stealer . Clocked her with Warwick Davis' Reduced Height Theatre Company ans she was funny as hell in that too.

Strange that there's only 3 episodes in the whole series. Bit of a funny number, 3 (always has me in stitches, does 3... 3... hahaha)

A trial run in case it dies on it's proverbial arse .

I really liked this. Mills was fantastic. Great, imposing character, with such a wonderfully menacing performance and perfect facial expressions.

Best Dave sitcom original in quite a while.

As a fan of People Just Do Nothing I tend to check out the cast's other work and I really enjoyed this. The characterisation is fantastic, especially Francesca Mills.