British Comedy Guide

The Man With The Folding Gun

FOAM SHOP HACKNEY
The shop is being searched from top to bottom by uniformed police officers.
A man wearing a fez with a scar down his face is confidently smoking a Camel cigarette whilst sat behind his desk being questioned by two plain clothes detectives. The cops are playing Bad Cop Sensible Cop with him'

DI KELLY
We know that you're the 'Algerian'!

MEHMET
Who is this? .. how do you say it ...'Algerian' ?

DS JONES
You've got a f**king fez on mate you'll have to do better than that

MEHMET
That's because I'm Tunisian

DS JONES
That's only f**king half an hour away on a Camel

DI KELLY
Mehmet, everybody knows you're the man to go to when it comes to underworld foam cutting.

MEHMET
I am a simple upholster, I don't know anything about 'Underworld foam cutting'.

DS JONES
Everyone knows you've fitted hundreds of attaché case with foam liners for disassembled weapons you little toe rag!

DI KELLY
Yesterday at 2 pm there was a man in your shop, who is shall we say is 'A person of Interest' to us. Now don't bother denying it, we have obo photos of the two of you in very deep discussions. What we want to know is what that discussion was about?

MEHMET
2pm -2pm oh I remember now. A guy came in looking for an estimate for his sofa I told him to bring it in, I can't give estimates out without seeing the furniture.

DC JONES
Estimate my arse. Listen mate we didn't get this search warrant in a Christmas cracker. We got it from a magistrate because we were able to show them more than enough evidence for them to issue it.,

DI KELLY
Think fast my friend. We're almost past the point where we'll take them over you. And getting closer to the point where everyone gets nicked.

MEHMET
I know nothing

DI KELLY
Fortunately, we know plenty. For instance, you had £40,000 transferred into your account from a bank in Switzerland yesterday. It was around 20 minutes after you met with the man you say wanted an estimate.

MEHMET
That was from my brother he owns a gift shop in Zurich selling gnomes to tourists. He sent me that money to help me because the upholstery game is on its knees

DS JONES
We all know who it was off, but what it was for? You might be the best under the counter foam cutter in the business but no hitman in the world pays 40 grand just for the f**king foam. And if they do then it must be the biggest f**king hit in the world so we need to know either way!

DI KELLY
And given that its usually half up front that would make it 80 grand and that my friend tells us that you've moved up from the foam and started supplying the actual weapons.

In the background two constables are passing items to their sergeant who in turns places them on the desk and does an eye roll to the detectives as he moves away.
On the desk are foam shapes of different sizes but clearly make up a gun . As he speaks DI Kelly slowly puts the parts together.

DI KELLY
So what do we have here then? Let me see, now they all even fit together nicely, you really are good with foam I'll give you that, you even put pride into your off cuts , no wonder you keep them..

DS JONES
So, thanks to this we know what the gun looks like, what we need to know now is where the f**k it is because no one as we've said no one in their right f**king mind is paying 80 f**king grand for a foam f**king gun

DI KELLY
I presume that these little ones are from where for the bullets go. Look they even slot into the off cut, this guys a genius.

DS JONES
Ok Mehmet where the f**k is that gun?

Mehmet is too busy watching DI KELLY to answer.

The next minute there is a massive bang and DS Jones is dead on the floor, DI Kelly is holding a smoking foam gun and Mehmet makes a run for it out the shop door.

I'm not really sure about the sketch, but I LOVE the underlying concept that the people who create the special suitcases that sniper rifles come in are crime kingpins.

Thanks for the read I like it but I get what you mean. I've always been interested in the people who made the foam for assassins suitcases.