British Comedy Guide

Funny cartoons Page 55

I like that one, very funny

I probably shouldn't admit to it, but I don't get it. Is she saying that under her hand and why?

And while we're talking about hands in cartoons, but I think it applies more to animated cartoons, all US made cartoons appear to rigidly follow the 4 digit rule, even The Simpsons. But I noticed that all the Wallace & Grommit ones had life like five digits, which I think looks better, although I know in real life dogs don't drive vans.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th September 2023, 9:59 AM

I probably shouldn't admit to it, but I don't get it. Is she saying that under her hand and why?

Can't see why you are confused, as you are younger than me 😁 AND clearly the speech bubble is not coming from the mother

It's Dennis saying that (repeating what he has heard his mother shout out in the night - do you need a diagram?) , and his mother is just holding her breath in an OMG gesture, and her hand looks OK to me, as you wouldn't see her thumb the way she is holding it.

Now, I suggest you go and have a lie down now, Alf - clearly modern life is getting a bit too much, what with also running and illegal FPL league 😆

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th September 2023, 8:51 AM

Isn't that the American Dennis the Menace?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th September 2023, 9:59 AM

It's obviously Dennis saying that.

I know Dennis is saying that! I was asking if he was repeating what he heard his 'Mom' say behind her hand. I was also wondering what her other hand was doing, so that, I presumed was the link. And where is he called Dennis FFS?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2023, 10:41 AM

I know Dennis is saying that! I was asking if he was repeating what he heard his 'Mom' say behind her hand. I was also wondering what her right hand was doing, so that, I presumed was the link. And where is he called Dennis FFS?

It seems pretty obvious he's repeating what he's heard her say. She's covering her mouth in embarrassment.

https://comicskingdom.com/dennis-the-menace

? That's not Dennis the f**king Menace! I happened to get The Beano delivered for a number of years, so I do know what Dennis the Menace looks like and it's not that little brat. And he didn't say 'mom'.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2023, 11:12 AM

? That's not Dennis the f**king Menace! I happened to get The Beano delivered for a number of years, so I do know what Dennis the Menace looks like and it's not that little brat. And he didn't say 'mom'.

There was a US Dennis the Menace, which weirdly launched just a week or so before the UK one - pure coincidence.
He's repeating what he heard her say through the bedroom door - hence her embarrassment.

Oh. Our one would never be as crude as that. And I wonder what their Walter the Softy looked like? Or Gnasher, who should be sat at the table with Dennis.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2023, 11:12 AM

? That's not Dennis the f**king Menace! .

Calm down, calm down - it's Dennis the American F**king Menace.....................

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th September 2023, 12:10 PM

Our one would never be as crude as that. .

It has been taken from kid's comic - it's what someone has done as a spoof joke!

I bet you didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition...