British Comedy Guide

Looking for a long-term comedy writing partner

"Follow me, reader! Who told you that there is no true, faithful, eternal love in this world! May the liar's vile tongue be cut out! Follow me, my reader, and me alone, and I will show you such a love!"
- Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

Do those words make ones heart sing and at the same time make tears come to the eye for the bravery of Bulgakov, then read on and if you haven't heard of Bulgakov please read about him a wonderful man and great writer.

By the way Bulgakov was both Stalin's favourite writer but also never to be published based on Stalin's orders after reading his work, Master and Magarita being a critical humorous attack on Stalin's reign of terror.

What I'm looking for?

Form a long-term collaborative writing partnership/group

• I'm looking for a writing marriage
- I'm not looking for someone to write a script necessarily with more that by creating a group we can produce enough material to create a commercial job of it i.e get agents/producer scumbags interested (no offence but they are interested in making filthy money not the fine words)
• I'm not looking to ever perform personally
• I'm looking ideally for a professional writer or someone who writes beautifully
- Note i won't use standard word structure as i'm dyslexic it is however the case that i can on occasion produce a beautiful collection of words in a pleasing array
• Someone with contacts who knows the industry ideally
• Someone who is broad minded
• Someone interested in culture
• The humour will look to attack authorities' wrongdoing or provide alternative thinking - you can't be too sensitive at attacking Woke culture for example there can't be a sacred cow
• Someone who won't mind treading the line of taste
• Someone who won't mind attacking both right and left, saying woke won't trigger you again you search for truth and might even attack your own foibles and beliefs in order to test there strength
• I'm thinking firstly of a concept which I would develop with you to make a series of sketches for Netflix/BBC Radio 'whatever'
- I'm also happy to support your ideas too and its a case we can write what we want but be as it were simpatico to each others word play efforts

Hey the above was a list of hopeful mights but the following are Musts:
• Hardworking
• Dedicated
• Reliable
• No bull
• Can agree to put in X hours of writing a week and stick at it

About Me:

• I'm a white male
• I'm 50
• I'm Married
• I'm not that bright having gone to polytechnic I didn't get great grades so I'm no Oxford graduate
• Classified as dyslexic as a child and graded for the job of a Binman - Not even joking here
• Reasons to be bitter: Red hair as a child, now balding, a surname of Pratt, having the piss taken out of me having come originally from a delightful village all too near too Liverpool (yes every scouser was and still is a comedian)
• So basically I'm bitter .. the summary here is I am bitter, bitter, bitter
• Also it should be noted I'm not sure if 'Bitter' refers to lemon bitter or Suarez bitter so I need a non-dyslexic/sympathetic soul to work with

You probably have a picture of me already - how about changing it perhaps to the worse?

• Well I'm a culture vulture (pretentious), so I love so much than the average pretentiously
• Well I read literature some of the greats I'm sure you know 'Romance of Three Kingdoms', 'Master & Margaretta' (listed earlier), also I enjoy Opera and ballet, you know normal stuff for Alpha males
• I cry watching ballet, I also cry watching boxing and UFC, the mental strength the physical beauty overcoming ones limitations the fight to achieve beauty
• Velasquez - truth within art, I cry looking at paintings too
• Der Mond has anyone seen this Opera other than me, I love it in black and white with heavy LSD hedgehog people/cast and German wordplay from the gods themselves - Carl Orff the writter of incredible word play was a terrible human by all accounts by the way, for me this isn't an issue
• I'm a Data Architect successful and love my job - writing is more a side hustle or passion project
• Poetry - The Iliad just wow. Just wow. Amazing stuff or indeed Chinese Revolutionary Poetry anything at all lets eat it all up
- Taking many attempts to pass a C in english being in classes with those unable to read or write and a love for violence made gave me a lifelong love of literature as I was never inflicted by english literature lessons

I've become successful-ish through sticking at stuff and as described above reading the classics digesting the words and works of giants

What Kind of Comedy do I think is funny?
Lots...but here's a list of a few

• Les Dawson
• Bulgakov
- Voltaire
• Inbetweeners - White Gold - Great writers
• IT Crowd - Father Ted - Great Writers
- PG Wodehouse

To name but a few.

What will I provide?

• A lot of ideas
• I will produce sketches or chapters at an alarming quantity
• A lot of ideas I wrote an initial section of a potential self-help/comedy book, I've got ideas
- I will repeat myself - I think concepts are my strength at work i can resolve decade running issues by thinking out options and solutions through abstracting into a conceptual level (its surprisingly useful)
• Ability to cry and get frustrated as we re-work garbage rough drafts into top quality material
• A nutter that once started just keeps on going and is strong force and highly drive - but i'm normal Liverpool supporting team player who is also a delight to be around
• Someone who won't listen initially and may be initially intransigent... initially.... then i will listen and change position quite quickly after open to new ideas and direction if it is superior to existing thought

Why do I want to do this?

• Well I'm thinking that we could reveal the truth - re. Tolstoy or Velasquez.
- Lets use humour to inform and attack the greed of corporations
- Lets use humour to inform and attack the greed of corporations
• I thought about the dangerous attack on freedom of thought within those with good intentions or intentions to seize power
• I thought about introducing people to culture the great writers the wisdom that even idiots like me can find if we just keep shovelling

But perhaps we can make people laugh and achieve in some way these objectives

Let us circle back to a wonderful thought of what we could look to achieve in writing comedy.

"Follow me, reader! Who told you that there is no true, faithful, eternal love in this world! May the liar's vile tongue be cut out! Follow me, my reader, and me alone, and I will show you such a love!" - Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

Good luck.

Blimey.
To be honest, I thinks it's an editor you're after.

Appreciated - i've already built out a script for one small sketch last night in 2hrs and to me its acceptable already. I know i could churn it out to a reasonable level no PG Wodehouse but better than most.
I'm more normal that perhaps the advert reads but even then it may be difficult for me to find the right writing partner its not so much as we need the same voice but certainly to play/write simpatico together, and rather someone who isn't a moron but someone with some cultural reference points. Then just churn out material, a writer writes and all that. I'm personally not interested in performing i've seen modern comics and generally they are no Dave Allen though some are great have a great voice, I think those with a great voice may not be inclined to write and would appreciate a writer, i love say Bill Burr he has a great voice its just funny no matter what he says full of life and character i just want to feed someone like that as many great a lines as i can write. Les Dawson Mk2 due to my background would be amazing to write for, working class lad Les playing classic piano in a Brothel in Paris i find amazing someone like Les someone who transends the norm

Editor - yes an editor and someone who can flog the package would be appreciated - a sympathetic and patient editor would be a blessing