British Comedy Guide

House of Games Page 32

Hold the Front Page!

An actual new series starts on Monday, and I know one of the so called "Famous Faces" - Michaela Strachan.

As for the other three, I have absolutely no idea

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2024, 11:28 AM

Hold the Front Page!

An actual new series starts on Monday, and I know one of the so called "Famous Faces" - Michaela Strachan.

I'll be watching it purely for Michaela.

I used to love it but I think Richard is starting to become a bit too smug.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st September 2024, 11:35 AM

I'll be watching it purely for Michaela.

I used to love it but I think Richard is starting to become a bit too smug.

He got his smugness from working with Alexander Armstrong too long, and he seriously annoys me with his F**king Famous Faces of people you've never heard of OR who are NOT famous

Summat and nuttin' - he was on Saturday Kitchen Live this morning promoting his 5th book

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2024, 12:01 PM

He got his smugness from working with Alexander Armstrong too long, and he seriously annoys me with his F**king Famous Faces of people you've never heard of OR who are NOT famous

Summat and nuttin' - he was on Saturday Kitchen Live this morning promoting his 5th book

He's great.

Yep he's one of the very few likeable and genuinely witty presenters in British television

And he seems like a nice chap too

So yeah let's slag him off...

Apart from Michaela and the Irish girl from the Fairy adverts (has she done anything else?) I've got no idea who the 2 blokes are.

The Irish girl does a paranormal ghost show thingy

Like Most Haunted

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd September 2024, 10:21 PM

The Irish girl does a paranormal ghost show thingy

Like Most Haunted

Oh, something worthwhile then

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd September 2024, 9:32 PM

Apart from Michaela and the Irish girl from the Fairy adverts (has she done anything else?) I've got no idea who the 2 blokes are.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2024, 11:28 AM

Recognised them all, though only knew Michaela by name. The doctor bloke was one of the guests on Would I Lie To You a while back.

The games I usually like the most are And The Answer Isn't and Question Writers' Day Off. Not keen on where is Kazakhstan. Has anyone ever enjoyed geography?!

A great show.
Anyone who hates Richard Osman should probably watch something else. He is in it every time! Likewise, if you're easily triggered by not knowing who all the celebs are. It doesn't worry me (I know two from this week). It's still fun and there have been literally hundreds of people on it already.
I like I'm Terrible at Dating, There's No 'I' in Osman, Win When Their Singing and Broken Karaoke. I don't love Where is Kazakhstan either.

At least they seem to have got rid of that Hangman type game.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th September 2024, 5:39 AM

Anyone who hates Richard Osman should probably watch something else. He is in it every time! Likewise, if you're easily triggered by not knowing who all the celebs are. It doesn't worry me (I know two from this week).

"Anyone who hates Richard Osman should probably watch something else. He is in it every time! Likewise, if you're easily triggered by not knowing who all the celebs are"

RIGHT!! Let's get some FACTS, which you have conveniently altered AGAIN!

Not once did I say I hated Richard Osman and I too enjoy the show, so why should I watch something else. GRRRR!

"not knowing who all the celebs are" is YET AGAIN changing the FACTS - FFS get it right!! I said it annoys me when he uses the term "Famous Faces" when they clearly are NOT and I would go so far as to say they are not even celebs.

Are these famous faces?

YES

Are these famous faces?

Most emphatically NO!!!!!!

"Good evening folks, welcome to another week of House of Games. Joining me are another four complete nobodies who have got absolutely nothing better to do with their time"

Is that what you expect?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2024, 12:01 PM

Watching it certainly doesn't seem to be making you happy anyway.

None of the people you accept as famous were born after the 1940s. Just saying. ;)