British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 85

Quote: Niki Walton @ 28th August 2024, 8:36 PM

I would rather have watched The Young Ones at the time.

No comment.

Quiz 322 from Hercules!
6/10 for me. First two were guesses (before my time, as they like to say on Pointless), then I knew the others I got - Blackadder (a nice treat for Michael), Red Dwarf, The Fast Show and Lead Balloon, all good stuff.

I should've got question 10 right too, the Witchfinder one, but I misread the question and was thinking of the wrong character..
So, 7/10 if I'd taken a moment longer...

Correct: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9

First time i've had a go at this quiz
5 /10 for me mostly guesswork.

But I see quiz 320 has a pic of Babs boobs so I might try that one next

Quote: a plate @ 4th September 2024, 12:52 AM

Quiz 322 from Hercules!

I should've got question 10 right too, the Witchfinder one, but I misread the question and was thinking of the wrong character..

Yes! It worked - I was hoping I'd catch someone out with that one 😁

Good quiz!
8 out of 10, 3 out of 5 for me.

5/10 and 5/5 so that'll do for me as there was a tricky Q or two in there. Who got the brand of ciggies one right? Not me. Odd that they were all 1950s brands for a 1990s sketch but one was of course right. Oh, three fives - another old brand.

Got the Jack Thackray and the ciggies one wrong. Quiz got easier as it went on for me.

Pleased there with my 8/10 and 5/5 as there were more than a few guesses. Thanks Herc for another grandly fiendish quiz 👍

Got 2-7 and 9-15 correct.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 4th September 2024, 10:41 AM

Pleased there with my 8/10 and 5/5 as there were more than a few guesses. Thanks Herc for another grandly fiendish quiz 👍

Got 2-7 and 9-15 correct.

Thank you Niki and certainly well done! And yes, you have to be ancient to know who Jake Thackeray was - I can highly recommend him, if you like silly, funny songs, seek him out on YT?

More fun and my usual crap score (2 and 3), and they were all guesses except 9 and (obviously) 14, but at least I'm proudly maintaining my run of correct Young Ones and wrong Blackadder ones.

Well, I knew # 2 & 9 and correctly guessed # 1 & 10.

Oh dear Billy, thought that would have been right up your street.

Never mind ay, and well done everyone else! 😁

Quiz 323 from Kate Emmett. Rabbits and hares
5/10, mix of knowing and 'educated' guesses

Shockingly, I got the Blackadder question wrong! But perhaps that means I have risen in Michael Monkhouse's estimation, which is some comfort...

Correct: 2, 3, 5, 6, 10.

Great quiz!
7 out of 10 (Plus 2 out of 5) for me.
For once, I genuinely knew every answer I got.

Quote: a plate @ 11th September 2024, 1:03 AM

Shockingly, I got the Blackadder question wrong! But perhaps that means I have risen in Michael Monkhouse's estimation.

So proud of you. I was hoping for something on https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GM-zuTPRk so I could repeat last week's feat of Blackadder ones wrong and YO ones correct, but sadly...
In the words of my mother, that was hard and I barely pulled it off. I only knew the Python one for sure, and only remembered that by a hare (see what I did there?).