British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 82

9/10. Just Jones's number plate incorrect. Which is annoying as I have a model of the van on display opposite the very comfy chair in which I currently repose. But it's boxed and is sideways-on so the number plate is not observable.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st July 2024, 8:22 AM

Well I can't see the new Dad's Army one even following A Plate's advice.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st July 2024, 8:26 AM

Same here.

Well a little thanks for the link wouldn't go amiss, lads. 😒

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st July 2024, 7:31 PM

9/10. Just Jones's number plate incorrect. Which is annoying as I have a model of the van on display opposite the very comfy chair in which I currently repose. But it's boxed and is sideways-on so the number plate is not observable.

Well done for winning this week's round and proving your credentials as a Dad's Army Superfan BB, as they were a tough set of Qs, making it a rewarding quiz to do.

I got the number plate one wrong as well but surprisingly got the other two number based Qs correct. The church phone number had always amused me as being an obviously Christian version of the emergency services number so that stuck in my head. Mavis' number I have to say was a guess although I had a strong feeling it was two syllables, giving me a 1/3 chance.

Have just done the bonus five after re-joining to get the bonus Qs back and got a further 3/5. Have to say I was surprised with the answer of Q11 as I always thought that dubious honour fell to the cousin of the actor of Hodges.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st July 2024, 11:55 PM

Well a little thanks for the link wouldn't go amiss, lads. 😒

Cheers, although I didn't have to use it in the end, or I'd have said ta in the earlier post. And your reply to my query? No rush. Tick tock tick tock...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st July 2024, 5:16 PM

6/10 which I'm very happy with considering some of the questions.

I had/still have a couple of pretty tough Dad's Army Qs m my lists that I could have swapped with you.

I'm short of a couple for a themed quiz I'm doing so maybe the idea of Quiz Q exchange would be of interest to you or the other regular quiz setters here, via PM for secrecy obviously. ? Anyone?

I think after 4 DA quizzes I've pretty much exhausted that vein now, (which Mark would agree on!) so feel free to use your questions on them - I'll be very interested to see what they are. 😁

I still have about 15 quizzes in the pipe-line and am presently working on one to commemorate Leonard Rossiter's death in October, which Mark has booked for me, so I hope you (or other question setters who might read this) don't have any questions on him as you/they will be wasting their time.

I'd be only to happy to help, so by all means PM me with anything I can come up with for your themed quiz,

Quiz 318 from Niki Walton!
5/10 for me. A few obscure ones there, but I was on more familiar ground in the second half.
The ones I knew for definite were: questions 6 (about Loadsamoney), 8 (about Reeves and Mortimer) and 10 (character names).

Question 9 (American remake question) was an educated guess, and question 3 (newspapers) was a total guess.

I predict that fellow Hercules Grytpype Thynne will get the Hancock one.

Correct 'uns: 3, 6, 8, 9, 10.

7/10 and 1/5 with one complete lucky guess. Annoyed I got Q11 wrong as I thought I hadn't seen him in it, being a big fan of his but went for someone else.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th August 2024, 2:26 AM

7/10 and 1/5 with one complete lucky guess. Annoyed I got Q11 wrong as I thought I hadn't seen him in it, being a big fan of his but went for someone else.

Great quiz!
7 out of 10 and 2 out of 5 for me.

9/10 (and 1/5) but as usual quite a few were misinformed guesses.

I knew five (# 2, 4, 5, 6 & 9) and correctly guessed # 8. Pleased I didn't know # 3 though.

Quote: a plate @ 7th August 2024, 1:23 AM

I predict that fellow Hercules Grytpype Thynne will get the Hancock one.

Yes, you could say that - far too easy for me! 😁

Otherwise, a fiendish Niki 318 quiz, which I'm surprised I got 7/10 and 1/5

Thank you everyone, glad you enjoyed this week's quiz.

Also the answer to Q8 was supposed to be accompanied by a YouTube link to one of the sketches, but unfortunately when I came to check the publication draft yesterday the clip was no longer available. So you'll just have to reminisce or imagine the scenario in all its brilliant absurdity.

Quiz 319 and 5/10 for me. Knew the first 3 for pretty much definite, and also question 8 because I cannily remembered a detail from an earlier quiz (though the question itself is different).

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8.

Fun quiz!
8 out of 10 for me (plus 2 out of 5).
Proofing error on Q8!

All guesses except 2 (vaguely related to The Young Ones).

Knew numbers 3, 4 & 8. Correctly guessed numbers 7 & 10.