British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 78

Quiz 312 from Niki Walton, and a mere 3/10 for me. One of the hardest yet for me! The only one I knew was the first one, everything else was a total guess...

I watched The Smoking Room when it was originally shown but don't remember anything about it! I don't think it was ever repeated or anything?
I see it was originally shown in 2005, only a couple of years before the indoor smoking ban (2007). I remember the week or so before the smoking ban started, thinking how's that going to work? People have to go outside to have a smoke?! Even at the pub??! What if it's raining??! Nowadays the idea of smoking indoors in a pub or office seems like another lifetime.

Correct: 1, 3, 5

Good quiz again. Very challenging towards the end, but nothing wrong with that!
I got 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 right so got 6 out of 10 overall.

Utter disaster - I'm not going to tell you my score

4/10.

Numbers 1, 3 (a 50-50 chance as I knew that it definitely wasn't 3 of the alternatives), 5 and 9 (educated guess).

Thank you everyone for your comments, glad you enjoyed the questions.

It's not the usual quiz night, it's Sunday night (technically early Monday morning) and yet there's a quiz! Men Behaving Badly special (maybe a repeat, done again as it's the anniversary of the series)

I really liked MBB but haven't really watched it in recent years - still, got 8/10, including a few guesses.
Correct: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

I've not watched it for ages either. I think I've seen most but not all the episodes but I've barely watched it at all in the 21st century.
Good quiz though. I got 6.
1, 2, 6, 8, 9 and 10 right. 10 was a total fluke!

Yes, odd to stick a quiz in on a Monday - don't think it has ever been done before?

Anyway, 5/10 and 2/5 - some were impossible to remember! TV ad campaign for example. 😒

7/10.

Correct: numbers 1, 3, 4, 5 (only because I chose the only one of the five options of whom I have heard, which turned out to be correct), 6, 7 (educated guess) & 10.

Forgot to post last week's quiz score - 6/10 not bad for one of Nikki Walton's.

Not so good on this special, 2/10, reflecting my sparse viewing of the show, the 90's lads culture craze was never really my scene. Good to see another sitcom special though whatever it is.

Quote: a plate @ 1st July 2024, 1:05 AM

It's not the usual quiz night, it's Sunday night (technically early Monday morning) and yet there's a quiz! Men Behaving Badly special (maybe a repeat, done again as it's the anniversary of the series)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st July 2024, 9:04 AM

Good to see another sitcom special though whatever it is.

Thanks everyone, the MBB quiz is another one of mine. I'd come up with a lot of possible questions on MBB so I suggested another themed quiz to Mark as the 30th anniversary of its move from ITV to BBC was upcoming. He was hesitant as themed quizzes don't do so well for site traffic unless it's a theme that's never gone out of fashion (eg Dad's Army) but would look into the possibility (in terms of the tech behind the website) of a separate one-off quiz, and lo it worked. Though it's still hard to believe its heyday was 30 years ago.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 1st July 2024, 12:19 PM

unless it's a theme that's never gone out of fashion (eg Dad's Army)

Nice one Niki, but don't think of a Dad's Army one, as that is one of mine coming up on 31st July to celebrate it's launch in 1968 😁

Another great set of questions from Niki. Best quizmaster here (along with Kate).

Quote: don rushmore @ 2nd July 2024, 4:50 PM

Another great set of questions from Niki. Best quizmaster here (along with Kate).

😆 You really are pathetic Don, like I give a monkey's what you think about anything

5 and 1, but every single one was a guess, so...
Berlusconi said, 'At this point, all I want is food, somewhere to live and regular sex.' So why was he so desperate to stay out of prison?