British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 77

Great fun!
Got 9. Only got the Porridge one wrong. Literally fluked four answers including the Likely Lads one.

Porridge was the only one I knew. Had to guess all the rest.
See you next week.

Knew 4, 5, 6, 9 & 10.

Correctly guessed (somehow) 1, 2 & 7. But really had no inkling so not counting those (what's the point?) So claiming 5/10

PS: Shouldn't question 10 refer to Rugby Union rather than Rugby League?

Got 8/10 same as you Billy, had a couple of guesses myself but they all count. I think it's hard to get a 1/5 chance correct three times without some inkling of it therefore your guesses count, as do Michael's. And yes I think Herc meant union for Q10 as his hero Barry John never played rugby league. Maybe he should ask Aaron to be his editor again. 🤓

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th June 2024, 8:13 AM

PS: Shouldn't question 10 refer to Rugby Union rather than Rugby League?

DOH!!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th June 2024, 8:43 AM

And yes I think Herc meant union for Q10 as his hero Barry John never played rugby league. Maybe he should ask Aaron to be his editor again. 🤓

It's Mark actually - Aaron was a one-off when Mark was on holiday, AND I don't think either of them are into sport of any sort, so would not have picked that up.

Fancy being editor then, Alf? 😁

Nice quiz Herc, pleased with my 8/10 and 3/5 there. Got 7, 9, 11 & 14 incorrect.

Loved the alternative answers for Q12! And I can't believe I never thought up Q2 myself 😄

Thank you Niki, and everyone else for your feedback 😁

Quiz 311 from Kate Emmett. Wildlife

Didn't know the first few (never watched the Masked Singer or Bodger and Badger, but I don't think there's any shame in that) but guessed 2 and 3 right anyway. Things picked up for me about midway through...

6/10

Correct: 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10.

Fun quiz! I got 6 too.
I tripped up on The Masked Singer (never seen), The Detectorists, the hedgehog song and the Edinburgh show.
A good mixture of questions. Well done!

5/10. Numbers 4, 5, 6, 9 & 10 correct. Which, looking back at my previous post, are weirdly exactly the same numbered questions that I knew last week.

To save time I might only look at those numbers in the future.

Bloody Hell - 7/10 and 2/5, of which I only knew one for certain. I'll have to get a bet on something

Well done, keeping with the animal theme! Even though I hadn't heard of at least half of them

All guesses except NTNON.
See you next week.

8/10 which was a nice surprise but then I saw I got two easy ones I should've known wrong. So it's really 10/10. I'll take it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th June 2024, 7:53 AM

Bloody Hell - 7/10 and 2/5, of which I only knew one for certain. I'll have to get a bet on something

Well done, keeping with the animal theme! Even though I hadn't heard of at least half of them

A badger is a black and white round thing that lives in the woods, looks a bit like a furry mint humbug; a squirrel is a scatty little thing that hides its nuts then forgets where they are; a bat a black flappy thing that sees with its ears... How many more do you need help with?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th June 2024, 9:25 AM

A badger is a black and white round thing that lives in the woods, looks a bit like a furry mint humbug; a squirrel is a scatty little thing that hides its nuts then forgets where they are; a bat a black flappy thing that sees with its ears... How many more do you need help with?

Yes, that annoying Sarcasm Bunny

Another quiz that was fun to do even if my results weren't too spectacular - 5/10 and 3/5.