British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 48

No 263

4/10 and 3/5, which was more than I expected given the preceding posts I read first.

Love Q4 - Nice one! (Didn't get it right)

Q5 - I knew for def. as it is one of my questions somewhere - I'll have to change it!

Q11 - Got it wrong because it was a stupid choice on my part, if I'd given it a bit more thought

Q12 - Knew for def. as the other four were obvious for me.

The rest were educated guesses and/or complete guesses

6/10 and 1/5 for me, the lowest I've had for a while. Some definitely nerdy questions in there which I like.

Got 1-5 and 10-11 correct. A few of my wrong answers were where I'd narrowed it down to two possibles and then selected the wrong one.

All guesses apart from the David Tyler one, so my score doesn't mean anything.
Did better on last week's, where I knew 2, 7, 9.and 12. By a curious coincidence, I've just been rediscovering Reg Prescott.

I scored 6 out of 10 on yesterday's quiz.

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q5, Q7, Q8, Q10.
I incorrectly answered: Q3, Q4, Q6, Q9.

VG, and I expect you'll be getting full marks next week, for my you know who quiz 😎

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th July 2023, 4:14 PM

VG, and I expect you'll be getting full marks next week, for my you know who quiz 😎

I hope so Herc, it will be a great chance to celebrate our man Sellers 😃

Cue drumroll - it's Herc's long-awaited Peter Sellers quiz!

I got 6/10, but that was a fluke, as a lot were guesses. The 'colour' one seemed familiar from somewhere, and I knew the first name of Inspector Clouseau. Question 1 was possibly an educated guess that paid off, or could be a coincidence (without going into detail).

Ones I got correct: 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10.

I would imagine that'll be a tough one even for Sellers fans, so good luck...

Great Peter Sellers quiz!
Got 7 - better than I expected. I did write an article about him a few years' ago.
Was stupid to get the marriages one wrong. I knew it really. On the other hand, completely fluked the Sykes question as had no idea.

It's disappeared off the site. It did that once before.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th July 2023, 9:21 AM

It's disappeared off the site. It did that once before.

It seems to be there now.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 26th July 2023, 9:45 AM

It seems to be there now.

So it is. It was missing for at least an hour - from the eating of my wheatybangs to the completion of my ablutions.

Anyway - 7/10 (most by luck rather than judgement); numbers 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9 & 10 correct.

Well Herc, that was a brillant quiz, Peter Sellers truly was the best of the best of the comedy world.
I'm so pleased with my score 10 out of 10.

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, Q10.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 26th July 2023, 11:51 AM

Well Herc, that was a brillant quiz, Peter Sellers truly was the best of the best of the comedy world.
I'm so pleased with my score 10 out of 10.

It's really 10 out of 15.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th July 2023, 12:24 PM

It's really 10 out of 15.

I never do the extra questions, as I dont know how to access them I'm not a BCG Pro member - so its 10 out 10 from the regular questions for me.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 26th July 2023, 12:56 PM

I never do the extra questions, as I dont know how to access them I'm not a BCG Pro member - so its 10 out 10 from the regular questions for me.

You can donate just a small amount to support BCG and get access to them.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/donate/