British Comedy Guide

This forum Page 13

Quote: Aaron @ 19th September 2024, 11:41 AM

We're working on some system changes today to improve efficiency and fix a couple of bugs. Sounds like you may have been caught out amidst that. Try reloading the page? If the problem persists, do share which page (URL) it's on, and which post. In the meantime if you go in to Quote yourself then change the URL from /quote/ to /edit/ that should still bring you to the edit screen without issue.

Cheers

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th September 2024, 11:18 AM

My edit function has vanished...??

And I can't see where I last posted - ie. when anyone posted after I read a thread. But only in the current threads list.

Yes, it's been three days now and still it is not clearing the 'tick' of unread posts after I have read them, and have to refresh the page to clear them

Morning Herc.

Are you sure about that three day time span? We only started making changes yesterday morning, so if it's accurate it suggests something else coincidental is going on.

That particular issue should not be occurring today. Is anyone else still experiencing it?

Well Aaron, I'm sure it was before yesterday, and it is still doing it now - just viewed four posts and they are still showing as unread. I'll just try the refresh as I did before.......................

..............and now the ticks have gone 🤔

EDIT: And another thing - "it" is randomly ticking the "Email me when someone replies" box, which happened with your post and someone else's.

Thanks Herc. Will investigate all the above as a matter of priority.

Anyone currently experiencing a page not updating, please try holding Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) and pressing your browser's refresh button. (Mobile devices seem less affected.)

This will force a full refresh of the page, which should be up to date. If you then experience further issues after that, please share the page URL here and describe what you're seeing not changing.

Thank you for bearing with us everyone!

Mine seems to be back to normal now.

Although the previous pointers don't disappear once I've read them.

Just a test to see if it's working.

Having similar issues. Certainly since before yesterday. Bits of the forum not updating properly.

Still all very odd.
On my Active Threads page ( my designated 'homepage' as it were) it showing "last posts by" people - who's post aren't there when you visit the thread.
Odder still, this is not consistent across all threads - some are up-to-date.
I'l be interested if this posy shows up on the thread - at least at my end.
Previous one's haven't, but clearly have somewhere, as they have been answered - but can only be accessed by the 'new post' email that arrives in my e-mail inbox.

Still no 'Edit' button either (hence spelling mistakes!)

I don't know if this is also known but if I click on the last page, it takes me to the page before the last page.
I don't see there is another page until I get to the bottom.

Yes, still getting problems (though no big deal) with ticks not clearing after I've read the post and still getting email notification on one thread for some reason (I read the news today oh boy!), which I have to uncheck every time, but makes no difference.

ALSO, am getting this now, which Lazz describes:

"On my Active Threads page ( my designated 'homepage' as it were) it showing "last posts by" people - who's post aren't there when you visit the thread."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2024, 11:07 AM

ALSO, am getting this now, which Lazz describes:

"On my Active Threads page ( my designated 'homepage' as it were) it showing "last posts by" people - who's post aren't there when you visit the thread."

Same here, I keep having to refresh the page by doing the 'Pressing Ctrl and F5' thing (as Aaron suggested above) for the new posts to appear.