British Comedy Guide

2016 John Lewis Christmas advert Page 2

A little bit of this, too.

Spare the hedgehog!

Quote: beaky @ 11th November 2016, 12:58 PM

Sentimental bollocks.

Is this your Status Report?

Excellent - it makes up for really enjoying the one with the carrot and then having the gut wrenching disappointment of discovering it is advertising some German thing.

(I don't care if they do good women's slippers - I still refuse to enter it on principle)

I prefer the Waitrose robin.
Not only is it cute but also informative.I didn't realise that some Scandavian robins migrate to the UK in the winter.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 15th November 2016, 5:02 AM

Not only is it cute but also informative.I didn't realise that some Scandavian robins migrate to the UK in the winter.

TV adverts must be a goldmine of info for you sitting there in the hot arid middle of nowhere plucking ticks out of your pet wombat. Pleased

Quote: zooo @ 11th November 2016, 8:39 PM

Ah I don't like dogs, maybe it passed me by.

That's why I've never watched the advert. People have posted it on facebook but I've never looked and I don't watch much tv.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnLewisRetail/videos/1227791937243662/ If the John Lewis advert is computer animation it is exceptionally good.

It seems unlikely that Victoria Mon (who made this video of her dog) had access to good animation facilities, so I think this is real: https://www.facebook.com/victoria.montandon/videos/10211153039488327/

So perhaps the last bit (at least) of the John Lewis advert is a real dog.

Is that the dog in the advert?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2016, 9:30 PM

Is that the dog in the advert?

I don't think so, but it is the same kind.

I like a good fox ;)

Quote: wigwam willy @ 15th November 2016, 5:02 AM

I saw the Waitrose advert for the first time a few days ago and almost cried :D I never shop there though because it's too expensive. I heard my first 2016 Christmas song tonight as I was leaving Asda which was Santa Claus is Coming To Town - Jackson 5 so the Season has officially begun.

Today on the car radio - 'White Christmas'. Think I'll hide in a cave for a few weeks.

I never shop in Waitrose because I think it's overpriced crap. I've become an Aldi fan lately. Each week I come away marvelling at the amount of good stuff I've got for hardly any money. Fruit and veg mainly.

The Heathrow airport bears one is my fav.

The McDonald's one beats them all.