British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 55

Quote: Griff @ January 22 2009, 10:36 PM GMT

What's more important SlagA FIGHTING THE SCOURGE OF RACISM or BORING PUNCTUATION AND SHIT??

Can I argue for and against each, before sitting on the fence?

I've finally started reading Catcher in The Rye. Anyway, that's what I'm reading and I'm getting a real bang out of it.

I think I need to read that again now I'm older, to be honest.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 25 2009, 10:55 AM GMT

I think I need to read that again now I'm older, to be honest.

You're what now? 17?

Yep. I read it a couple of years ago.

Where do people like reading? I LOVE reading in bed. I don't mind the bath either. Anywhere I can be naked, to be honest.

I am currently reading The Elephant Vanishes

Trains, buses and beds.

I sometimes plan longer journies to give me more reading time.

I don't think I've read on trains that much. I read part of Great Expectations on a train once. I mostly stick my mp3 player on these days.

I once had a series of long journeys and popped into the mucky book shop that sells non mucky books cheap at Victoria.
I bought a battered boxed set of all the James Bond novels and read them over a few months.
Fascinating books, dreadful but fascinating.

Superb but very strange. The bond books are awful spy novels but brilliant psycholigcal studies.
The plot of You Only Live Twice is hilariously stupid, the study of a bereaved Bond is amazing.

For Spy Novels for me it has to be John Le Carre.

As a kid I loved reading James Hadley Chase novels.

Quote: Griff @ January 25 2009, 11:17 AM GMT

I don't think I've read any John Le Carre. I haven't read many spy novels at all really. I like detective novels better. Except Agatha Christie ones which are all completely retarded.

Le Carre's kinda a great author who happens to write about spies, alebit he is getting a bit politically bonkers in his dotage. The Little Drummer Girl and The Constant Gardener are top stuff and both made pretty decent films.

Quote: Ben @ January 25 2009, 11:00 AM GMT

Where do people like reading? I LOVE reading in bed. I don't mind the bath either. Anywhere I can be naked, to be honest.

I did a lol.

Just finished Batman: The Long Halloween, very good. It's been a while since I read any Batman. Next, Dark Victory.