British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 36

Relentless - Simon Kernick.

I'm reading Brisingr, the latest eragon book. It kicks ass.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 24 2008, 5:29 PM BST

I was living with horrible people on Melbourne at the time... who hated me. So I just locked myself in my room when I wasn't working and read!

No TV or Interwebs? My life would be far more productive if I'd taken to books rather than those.

Quote: Aaron @ September 24 2008, 10:57 PM BST

No TV or Interwebs? My life would be far more productive if I'd taken to books rather than those.

Nope... nothing. Just me, my books and me.

That sounds ... horrible.

Not the you bit. But the not having anythingness.

It does sound a bit bleak.

But it's very retro! You could have written some very awesome melancholic poetry... Sitting in your lonely garret.

I don't have a poetic bone in my body!

... That sounds rudey.

Anyone can write poetry!!

It doesn't have to be good poetry.

Like that Wilfred Owen. By the end of my GCSEs, I wished the bastard hadn't even been born. Load of tosh.

But no, I really, really can't do anything like that.

It's just so much slower than writing in sketch, my prefered organ of communication.

I want to write a sketch with a character who speaks in iambic pentameter.

I'm reading "Slaughterhouse 5" by Kurt Vonnegut, and really enjoying it so far. It's almost half-way between "nineteen eighty-four" and "The Catcher in the Rye".

Kurt Vonegutt is ace.

Try Cats Cradle and Mother Night as probably his two other accessible books. Mother Night is funny and very, very clever.

I'm aiming to read Time Quake but it's aparently a tough read.

Breakfast of Champions is also very cool.

Yea I really liked Vonegutt's Player Piano. I highly recommend it.
I'm reading Christopher Hitchens "God is Not Great" and "Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein. I've just been in one of those moods ever since the Conservatives almost won a majority in Canada.
A lot of angry punk music too. Laughing out loud

'Loving Peter', by Judy Cook. The second book in a row written by one of Peter Cooks wives; and just as crap as the last one. Actually the last one (by Wendy Cook?) was flipping terrible, this ones a little better.

Quote: Curt @ October 18 2008, 6:29 PM BST

Yea I really liked Vonegutt's Player Piano. I highly recommend it.
I'm reading Christopher Hitchens "God is Not Great" and "Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein. I've just been in one of those moods ever since the Conservatives almost won a majority in Canada.
A lot of angry punk music too. Laughing out loud

Good book but weird, like 1984 written by Disney.

I love the final scenes though.