British Comedy Guide

Crims

Surprised there isn't a thread about this, new comedy that began last night on BBC Three, written by Adam Kay (he of 'F**king Underground' fame, also wrote on Mongrels) and Dan Swimer (Grandma's House).

Wasn't bad at all. Some obvious stuff in there - Inbetweeners-esque chatter and bumming and the old 'she's behind me isn't she?' gets trotted out again - (though amusingly reappears later as "She's behind me, isn't she?" "No. She's to your right") but a funny script, seeing as most of the danger is more imagined by the main character Luke, and it's his paranoia where a lot of this comes from.

I liked it. It'll probably be better as it goes on, but for a first episode and an introduction to a whole bunch of characters, it's good.

Absolute nonsense - where's the background and depth to any of the characters? It's just a one sided annoying welsh guy reacting to obvious jokes from a 'stupid character' - saying 'nooo Jason'.

The originality in the 'she's behind me' devices for the plot was breathtaking though.

Why don't we aim big anymore, BBC goes for cop-out shite that will never be remembered.

I don't think it'll be winning any awards... but amused me enough to watch episode two.

I started watching it but thought it was a bit grim. None of the warmth (if a prison sitcom can have) of Porridge.

This didn't work for me. The two main characters weren't very likeable and the prison environment seemed too ridiculous.

Quite surprised by the negative reaction this has got on here, really enjoyed the first two episodes. For me, one of the best new series on BBC3 in a long while.

I literally fell asleep.

I have really not got into this at all. I have tried about 3 times. Just a terrible idea with pikey bit-part players. Gob smacked it got made. Would sooner see a new series of PhoneShop.