British Comedy Guide

RIP Nelson Mandela

Sad day

Special guy

God bless him

Cool

RIP

RIP Nelson.

Don't let Sting and Bono arrange a tribute!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th December 2013, 10:11 PM GMT

RIP Nelson.

Don't let Sting and Bono arrange a tribute!

Geldof already has the rights.

Admirable Nelson.

Great man, but he could've done even more.

The world could do with more Mandelas.

Can you imagine ever saying that about any other politician?

Loved the man.

Quote: playfull @ 5th December 2013, 10:46 PM GMT

Loved the man.

.well hopefully to be serious.

Quote: playfull @ 5th December 2013, 10:46 PM GMT

Well, Dennis Skinner Tony Benn and Clement Attlee immediately come to mind, but I get your point.

Quote: Harridan @ 5th December 2013, 11:26 PM GMT

Well, Dennis Skinner Tony Benn and Clement Attlee immediately come to mind, but I get your point.

Nye Bevan?

Just heard the news and am very sad to hear it. He was a truly great man who made a lasting impression on our lives. Thoughts go to friends and all other people in South Africa with hope for ongoing national stability.

Its not such a big deal going to prison thennwritng a book about it, Hitler and Jeffrey archer did it

Still mandela, you were a great leader

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th December 2013, 12:23 AM GMT

Nye Bevan?

Indeed :)

Quote: sootyj @ 6th December 2013, 6:58 AM GMT

Its not such a big deal going to prison thennwritng a book about it, Hitler and Jeffrey archer did it

Still mandela, you were a great leader

Laughing out loud

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/nelson-mandela-terrorist_n_4394392.html

While he was revered by politicians today as a human rights icon, Mandela remained on the U.S. terrorism watch list until 2008, when then-President George W. Bush signed a bill removing Mandela from it.

Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher also described Mandela's ANC as a "typical terrorist organization" in 1987

Mandela was a great man, but a complicated one. It's too easy to dismiss our governments as fools for branding him a terrorist, because the truth is terrorist acts did occur amongst people close to him, although Mandela denied being being involved in them.

I think it's worth remembering this when we are trying to bring peace to places like Afghanistan, where we may have to deal with people we don't really want to deal with.

They may have a future great leader of their own who we have already branded a terrorist.

Indeed a great man. Named after a block of flats in Peckham I believe.