British Comedy Guide

2 Podcasts for critique

Hello!

A friend suggested I stick our shows up on the forum for perusal and feedback. Hope this is the right way to go about asking for critique, sorry for the long winded post!

The first show I'd like feedback on is The Best Thing From Podcast available at www.kevandsteve.com - our listeners suggest a random topic each week, and we generally go off on a tangent for 35-40 minutes before we discuss it and answer questions also supplied by the listeners.

From our POV this is growing massively, the listener figures are going up week on week and it is our fastest growing show (our site runs 4) - we have a large listener base and it seems to be taking on a life of its own.

Our second show is The Mature Gamer Podcast - while the title suggests it is heavily gaming focused, it is more about me and 3 other gamers and our random nonsense/exploits. We talk about and review games in our own way (so you may get bored if you don't like games!) but iTunes have recently reclassified us as comedy and gaming as we seem to be leaning much more towards that side of things. That can be found at www.maturegamerpodcast.com

Both available on iTunes also.

Who is your friend. What does he do with comedy?

How many listeners have you got

I ask because it's a fairly none descript, amateur podcast, 2 guys sit about talking about nothing for 40 minutes.

I lasted 5 and it felt like the bit in Solaris, the original Russian version, where the crew fly through space, except in slow motion.

I guess if people like it who am I to judge.

Quote: Sheepdog6k @ 4th November 2013, 9:26 PM GMT

I don't really expect folk to like them to be honest,

Put something up you are proud of and people might be arsed to listen is the best advice I can give . :)

Quote: sootyj @ 4th November 2013, 9:37 PM GMT

How many listeners have you got

I ask because it's a fairly none descript, amateur podcast, 2 guys sit about talking about nothing for 40 minutes.

I lasted 5 and it felt like the bit in Solaris, the original Russian version, where the crew fly through space, except in slow motion.

I guess if people like it who am I to judge.

Crikey, a bit brutal but not an unfair description at all really! BTF gets about 5000 listens/ep where as MGP gets 10-11000 an ep. MGP has been going 4x as long but both seem to be growing rather well, considering.

I did expect it to be disliked to be honest but as you say, people seem to like it, and I've got no real idea why.

Good luck with it all you seem to have a real handle on what people want and deliver. Not sure what you want here though?

Quote: Marc P @ 4th November 2013, 9:41 PM GMT

Put something up you are proud of and people might be arsed to listen is the best advice I can give . :)

Well I am proud of the fact people consistently listen to them and we do what we can, I wasn't saying "listen to this old crap" more "I don't know if this is going to go down very well..."

Quote: Marc P @ 4th November 2013, 9:47 PM GMT

Good luck with it all you seem to have a real handle on what people want and deliver. Not sure what you want here though?

Well, what you've given of course? Your opinion. This is the critique/opinion part of the site no?

I am not American. I will give my time to critique something... but if the people who put it up say they think themselves it is crap I usually don't bother to engage with the material. Not meaning to be funny just honest. And that's a good tip generally in life and art.. don't apologise.. do it. Specially in comedy!
And welcome sorry if came across as being a twat. It has happened before.

Quote: Marc P @ 4th November 2013, 9:58 PM GMT

I am not American. I will give my time to critique something... but if the people who put it up say they think themselves it is crap I usually don't bother to engage with the material. Not meaning to be funny just honest. And that's a good tip generally in life and art.. don't apologise.. do it. Specially in comedy!
And welcome sorry if came across as being a twat. It has happened before.

Not at all mate, I actually edited my reply as I thought "This looks a bit like im annoyed with the man for giving his POV" when I appreciate it. Without even listening you've given me feedback!

I think I need to edit my opening post - I don't think its crap - I love doing it. It was more the Brit in me coming across as low in confidence and pessimistic, and you're right I should really just say here's my show, listen to it!

Good man! :) But believe it yourself. I of all people know that is hard lol. But if you can fake sincerity the rest is easier.

Quote: Marc P @ 4th November 2013, 10:04 PM GMT

Good man! :) But believe it yourself. I of all people know that is hard lol. But if you can fake sincerity the rest is easier.

Awesome, well that has made the sign up process worthwhile in itself. Thank you.

Quote: Sheepdog6k @ 4th November 2013, 9:45 PM GMT

Crikey, a bit brutal but not an unfair description at all really! BTF gets about 5000 listens/ep where as MGP gets 10-11000 an ep. MGP has been going 4x as long but both seem to be growing rather well, considering.

I did expect it to be disliked to be honest but as you say, people seem to like it, and I've got no real idea why.

Good stuff very impressive figures

Keep doing what you're doing its obviously working

Quote: sootyj @ 4th November 2013, 11:19 PM GMT

Good stuff very impressive figures

Keep doing what you're doing its obviously working

Thanks, how's TWD sketch coming on? I saw the other thread.

Twd?

Quote: sootyj @ 4th November 2013, 11:53 PM GMT

Twd?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/19458/

The w**king dead.