British Comedy Guide

Mock The Week - Series 12 Page 2

Reece Shearsmith followed me for two weeks once, by accident. He must have pressed a wrong button.

:D

Or he may have been wounded that you didn't follow him back so took revenge...

Hehe. He only follows a few people and they're all his real life friends.
Two weeks was more than I deserved!

The only thing that lets Mock The Week down is that they always seem to have to have a token unfunny ethnic feminist woman on the panel. It's been Gina Yashere and Shappi Kharsandi in previous series and now seems to be Ava Vidal. None of them seem to get the idea that it's a topical news quiz and not a chance to talk about your kids or slag off men in general!

I quite like Shappi, and that famous star Terry-Thoma agrees with me...

;)

Less and less people doing the stand up bit every week. Weird.

That is worrying. The less they have of that stuff the bigger the risk of having to give Hugh Dennis three minutes to do his shit Prince Charles impersonation.

I think it just depends on who the guests are on any given week, and what's the strongest round they record on the night.

Yeah, I get that, but you would have thought Andy and Ed could've done some.

Seems to be that if you've not got three minutes of stand up from a current show you're touring, you don't get to do the stand up round on Mock The Week.

Hard as Chris Addison tries, the show still misses the "edge" that Frankie Boyle gave it IMO.

Again, only two people doing the stand-up round. Disappointing.

Can we do a swap?
Get Frankie Boyle back & put Chris Addison on hunger strike.

Yeah, Chris Addison doesn't do it for me either. The days when I found 'Mock The Week' compulsive viewing have long gone. The lack of stand-up in the show is not good and even the 'Scenes We Would Like To See' has got a bit repetitive now. The exam questions thing must have been used 6 or 7 times now, albeit I suppose it is topical at this time of year.

I caught this by accident recently when I was so full up I couldn't reach the remote. The only way I could get through it was by performing a thorough analysis of it. Here's the result - the show is shite.

O Briain deploys a formula of comic expressions to try and encourage some laughing from the audience.

Parsons may or may not say something funny but he will say it loudly and laboriously.

Howard chirpily flies off on one of his little routines that have nothing to do with the topic.

Dennis tries to outdo O Briain with eyebrow raises and smirks, and a tone of smugness suggests he's superior to the two next to him, the natural successor to O Briain as the next host, which he seems to be constantly auditioning for.

Then there's Addison Errr The most animated chair sitter you've seen. Watch Dennis's smarmy expression turn to annoyance when his neighbour's gangly arms regularly flail in front of his pompous face. Witness the general coldness from Dennis toward Addison, the determination not to laugh at CA's enthusiastic incursions that would make a hyperactive child full of Smarties look asleep. Watch the expression of pity emerge on Dennis's face when it's clear the humour content of CA's energetic utterance would openly embarrass Bobby Davro's children.

I thought the Carr Cats thing was bad but this is shocking. Teary

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 25 2013, 9:11 PM BST

I caught this by accident recently when I was so full up I couldn't reach the remote.

Howard chirpily flies off on one of his little routines that have nothing to do with the topic.

You might have caught it recently, but if Russell Howard was on it you didn't see a recent episode...