British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 815

My mum's all crazy about when they go to the charity shop run by the hospice she works for, like it's something monumental that they were chosen. :S

So is it a different charity shop every week?
The 'coming up next week' bit on this week's made it look like they were going to be in the same shop.

Quote: zooo @ June 3 2009, 4:16 PM BST

So is it a different charity shop every week?
The 'coming up next week' bit on this week's made it look like they were going to be in the same shop.

They all look the same!

"Have you noticed that whenever you go into the Cancer Research Shop, they're not actually doing much cancer research? Usually it's a couple of old ladies selling clothes. No wonder they haven't found a cure!" (H.Hill)

I was up very late last night just watching TV. Why do all the cable channels that show endless documentaries about serial killers (True Crime/Discovery/History etc.) air these programmes on in the middle of the night? Surely most of their target audience will be out in a forest digging a shallow grave and therefore miss them? Thank goodness for Sky+, I suppose.

Quote: sootyj @ June 2 2009, 10:52 PM BST

But seriously that is just awful when they showed the mother her baby before giving it to the retarded couple, just horrible.

I read about that in the paper and it made me absolutely furious. Death is too good for some people. Angry

Quote: EllieJP @ June 3 2009, 10:11 AM BST

I can't believe they were putting make up on the poor monkeys too. I'm so glad that's illegal here.

I'm speechless now. Who are the real animals, eh?

Kate Adie Returns To Tiananmen Square. Fascinating.

Quote: Curt @ May 26 2009, 9:03 PM BST

Sanford and Son.
I sitcom I only started watching recently and really like.
I didn't have cable growing up. We only had bunny ears that brought in 2 English stations :$

Do you know Steptoe & Son?

Quote: JuliaC @ May 30 2009, 4:39 PM BST

Stop taunting me with programmes I don't have!

Nil, do your manly duty and send your woman a DVD! Nobody should be deprived of 30 Rock. ;)

Quote: Scottidog @ May 30 2009, 8:12 PM BST

Curt from Canada. What you doing watching our t.v and lingering in our British Forums?

Getting in touch with civilisation.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 30 2009, 10:10 PM BST

I would have liked a new comedian.

They need to bring back The Comedians.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 1 2009, 10:22 PM BST

:D Thanks zooo, new I could count on you. So did Billy actually get done over? Last time I saw him he was stood outside the house.

! knew* >_<

Quote: EllieJP @ June 1 2009, 10:23 PM BST

Time Team - Stonehenge.

Wish I'd watched that. Hopefully it'll be repeated soon.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 1 2009, 10:31 PM BST

She died off over-exertion?

Laughing out loud

(of*)

Quote: EllieJP @ June 1 2009, 10:38 PM BST

Anyone want to get mucky making a pot on the wheel with me?

No.

Spinning is lots of fun though.

Quote: Aaron @ June 3 2009, 10:01 PM BST

Nil, do your manly duty and send your woman a DVD! Nobody should be deprived of 30 Rock. ;)

! knew* >_< (of*)

Sorted, mostly.

Slips of the fingers. :P

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ June 2 2009, 2:25 PM BST

Dont know what an MP3 is

Cretaceous.

Quote: Leevil @ June 2 2009, 3:02 PM BST

If you're a fan of music and you like to listen to it a lot at home or on the move. Mp3's are excellent. Some people can be snobbish about the quality, but unless you're really picky, I doubt very much you'd even notice.

You can store hundreds/thousands/and more tracks(songs) on most mp3 players. And most of them use drag&drop. Which involves dragging the file from one folder and dropping it into another. Others use their own applications and iPod uses iTunes, which is OK, but you have to pay for most of it ;) *cough*

Btw, Mp3's can be "ripped" from your CD's and saved onto your computer's hard drive, from there you'll transfer them to your mp3 player. Or you can download, there are many legal and many more not-so-legal download sites and applications.

Like I said, if you're into music it's well worth it. If you're not there's always podcasts, recorded radio shows, and some even play video files and display pictures.

mp3s*
CDs*

Quote: Aaron @ June 3 2009, 10:09 PM BST

Cretaceous.

Cretinous* Whistling nnocently

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ June 2 2009, 3:07 PM BST

Blah blah blah, can I put my CD's on there?

CDs*

Depending on how many CDs you have, they might overbalance.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 2 2009, 3:58 PM BST

Depends on how much your willing to lay out on one of them.

you're*

Quote: chipolata @ June 2 2009, 4:01 PM BST

And a lot of phones have MP3's built in. Mine does. Although I always tend to listen to Radio 4 on it.

mp3s*

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ June 2 2009, 8:54 PM BST

The simpson's, old school!

Simpsons*

Quote: Scottidog @ June 2 2009, 10:24 PM BST

First thing I would have done when I unwrapped it from the box, would be to put bacon juice on my bollocks to see if it liked licking it off

Whatever floats your boat.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ June 3 2009, 12:07 PM BST

Bangkok Chick Boys! Reseacrh purposes, I promise!

Claiming research is your defence? What are you researching? Which one to shag when you go on holiday there next month?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 3 2009, 10:09 PM BST

Cretinous* Whistling nnocently

Well I was going for that, but with the added implication that he'd just crawled out from a rock (formed in the cretaceous period)...

Quote: Aaron @ June 3 2009, 10:20 PM BST

Well I was going for that, but with the added implication that he'd just crawled out from a rock (formed in the cretaceous period)...

Well, when you put it like that... Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ June 3 2009, 10:04 PM BST

Spinning is lots of fun though.

When/how did you end up doing that?

Sometime/because I wanted/had to.

So school then.

Don't recall if I did it at school. Certainly not exclusively.