British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 540

Haha! It was a good once though!

Quote: zooo @ December 1 2008, 7:56 PM GMT

He's a lovely little fellow.

I want him to do more hanging out with Jimmy Saville style ones next.

But not with Jimmy Saville again, naturally. Once was enough. Jesus.

He (Saville) was fudging crazy! :S

That 70s Show. :D

Quote: zooo @ December 1 2008, 7:56 PM GMT

Jesus.

Mmmm, yeah, miiiiiight be pushing it a bit on that one.

Also: Hahaha, I knew it. (Re: EastEnders.)

Quote: Aaron @ December 1 2008, 8:38 PM GMT

Mmmm, yeah, miiiiiight be pushing it a bit on that one.

Oh how droll. :)

Quote: Moonstone @ December 1 2008, 7:48 PM GMT

I just watched Louis Theroux. Jeebus, what a dump Philedelphia is! I thought some of our council estates were bad but f**king hell it makes ours look more like country estates.

Guess I'll have to download it before I can comment. Philly has a few nasty areas, but the city is overwhelmingly pretty - I was just there 2 weeks ago. Was the show about Philadelphia as a whole, or did they just seek out the worst part(s) of the ghetto?

It was just a couple of neighbourhoods.

Quote: Aaron @ December 1 2008, 9:15 PM GMT

It was just a couple of neighbourhoods.

Thanks. Grabbing if from Usenet as I type.

Just scanned through the video. As I've said before, those inner city thugs, drug dealers and gang bangers are behind most of the gun crime in this country. Nobody goes there unless they're part of the game, but I always feel sorry for the old folks who won't leave and get caught up in the middle of it all.

John Mayall 70th birthday concert on Sky Arts.

There are many nice neighborhoods in the states.......however there is also a lot of poverty. Poverty equals crime. Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Detroit, LA and many other big cities have more crime over what the police can handle. It is not just in the inner city any more either. Small towns and small cities are facing much to do over the wave of gun violence and drugs and home break ins.

To say some stay, it is unaffordable for many to leave. The elders have homes paid for and can not get enough out of home value to leave. I do not know what the answer is because there is not one wand to wave for this.When whites took white flight to the suburbs what was left behind is the poor. Most live in slumlord rentals. The rents are so high there are many living in homes made for fewer people.

The inner city education is sub standard. The children are not educated much better than the parents.

I have lived in poverty and made it out of it. I am wanji of the few to do that.When look back I see hopelessness that keeps those stunted.

The deciders of the states have not been as hopeless so they have no thoughts that work to move attitudes to hope.

Sorry to go on but have felt like sharing this.Maybe with understanding comes roads to light.

Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe. :)

"BBC London" on an envelope. Gets a bloody job.

Bloody old days.

I wish I could get a job that easily!

Paul Abbott looks like he should be on some kind of register.