British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,309

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th September 2024, 4:41 PM

And there was me thinking you had class..........how wrong can you be, and even more reason for me not to watch such dumb downed toss

And there was me thinking I was the snob.

Just 'cos I don't watch a load of bollocks doesn't make me a snob - far from it.

And I respect your viewing - I expect you enjoy Coronation Street and/ or Eastenders and probably gets off on morning TV - you go for it, if that's your level

Can't stand any of those.
And you respect my viewing about as much as I respect yours.
And, while we're at it, define 'a load of bollocks' - because I think that's somewhat of a moveable feast and very much in th eye of the beholder.
The difference being, I refrain from using your particular taste as a form of clumsy insult

Oh of course, I'd forgot that was all beneath you, which smacks of snobbishness to me

So - and let me get this straight - you demeaning people's tastes because in your opinion it's 'dumbed down toss' - means your NOT a snob.
Whilst me feeling that doing is so is inappropriate, means I AM a snob.

Herc, you are hysterical.
And not in a good way.

When you get down from your pedestal you might see what I mean. Till then............

At least you're admitting you're a crank...
Ever considered that it might not be me that's on a pedestal, but you that's in a hole?

This is COMPLETELY brilliant...

πŸ˜— 🍿

I do my best.

Ok Herc...

You just gonna sit there and take this??

πŸΏπŸ€“

Just watched Tales of the Unexpected from 1980 starring Antony Valentine. Also I didn't recognise her at first time but also with Amanda Redman in one of her first TV programmes.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th February 2021, 1:50 PM

Tales of the Unexpected. One of Amanda Redman's first TV programmes.

Again!

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th September 2024, 5:30 PM

Ok Herc...

πŸΏπŸ€“

Sorry to spoil your entertainment, but I'm bored now. It's like talking to a brick wall - a very thick one

(If you mention my name, you can take your popcorn back to the kiosk for a refund)

1960 "Scotland Yard" on TPTV, with Wilfrid Brambell as a very smart well-spoken forensic scientist - just plain weird, as half expecting him to suddenly yell out 'Arold!!

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th September 2024, 5:30 PM

Ok Herc...

πŸΏπŸ€“

Nice try

You should have gone with
Herc! you will go on my first Whistle
Lazzard you will go on my second Whistle

;-)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th September 2024, 11:58 PM

Nice try

;-)

πŸ˜„

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th September 2024, 11:58 PM

Nice try

;-)

πŸ˜„

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th September 2024, 11:02 PM

Sorry to spoil your entertainment, but I'm bored now. It's like talking to a brick wall - a very thick one

Try walking way when you're winning, next time.
It would be so much more convincing.