British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,302

Yes a brilliant series. I've watched it all and want more.

Does anyone else agree with me? Whenever I see that Persil advert with Usain Bolt it sounds like he's saying "I'm disabled".

Quote: Chappers @ 29th July 2024, 5:00 PM

Does anyone else agree with me? Whenever I see that Persil advert with Usain Bolt it sounds like he's saying "I'm disabled".

You're usually wrong about almost everything, on a daily basis, but on this you're right, it does sound like he's saying that.

The Night of The Demon on TPTV. Just noticed the female interest in this was the female interest in The Green Man, confusingly nothing to do with folklore or witchcraft as the title suggests, like this equally great picture.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th July 2024, 9:24 PM

The Night of The Demon..................

One of my all time favourite films, which I went to see at the cinema and still holds up well in this day and age against other so called horror films - that noise when the demon is about to appear still makes me shudder

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th July 2024, 11:19 PM

One of my all time favourite films, which I went to see at the cinema and still holds up well in this day and age against other so called horror films - that noise when the demon is about to appear still makes me shudder

Yeah, great film. The faraway shots of the demon in the woods, slowly approaching were quite eerie. Must've been quite the spectacle on the big screen.

Quote: a plate @ 30th July 2024, 1:11 AM

Yeah, great film. The faraway shots of the demon in the woods, slowly approaching were quite eerie. Must've been quite the spectacle on the big screen.

It was, and I won't elaborate, but the end was tied up neatly I thought with the explanation of how the victim appeared on the "you know what"

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th July 2024, 9:24 PM

The Night of The Demon on TPTV..................

From the sublime, to the absolute pinnacle of ridiculous, which was also on TPTV

"The Night of the Ghouls", which was Ed Wood's follow up to "Plan 9 from Outer Space", which was reckoned to be so bad it was ironically good, and there was me thinking he couldn't possibly have made a worse film...........

But he did with this Ghouls film - it is absolutely dire!! There isn't one thing right in it - Crap everything, so it is amazing that it ever got made at all, and apparently sat in the lab's vaults for 23 years because he couldn't pay the processing bills. Then some fool resurrected it.

Night of the Demon is a fantastic film, although I would have liked it if they'd stuck the director's original plan to not show the demon. To me it would have been more effective.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th July 2024, 11:40 AM

Night of the Demon is a fantastic film, although I would have liked it if they'd stuck the director's original plan to not show the demon. To me it would have been more effective.

Can't agree as the end of the film wouldn't have had the twist and wouldn't quite have made sense imo

Just watching the Chase. I've seen this one before. The Chaser is Shaun Wallace, a Chelsea supporter. The first contestant was a smarmy Manchester United supporter. Shaun was determined to knock him out. The contestant thought it was banter but I'm convinced his anger was genuine.

Falkirk v Queen's Park on BBC Scotland.

It must be nearly three weeks since I saw a live football match on TV. Beginning to get withdrawal symptoms.

I seem to be subjected to more and more Peregrine shit on the roof of public buildings.

Quote: Hildegard Titweavil @ 3rd August 2024, 12:33 AM

I seem to be subjected to more and more Peregrine shit on the roof of public buildings.

What????

Quote: Hildegard Titweavil @ 3rd August 2024, 12:33 AM

Welcome back! Looks like you haven't posted since 2017, and then suddenly we get this slightly surreal outburst!!!
On the 'What are you watching on TV' thread!!!
It is a valid issue though, I'll grant you that!