British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,300

I Didn't Know You Cared

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th June 2024, 5:11 PM

I Didn't Know You Cared

I don't - I 'eard that - pardon.

Wow you are even more tedious than usual this week

Well done you

At Glastonbury it must make you really pissed off when people in front of you are sitting on someone's shoulders.

Well I was going to watch Coldplay live at Glastonbury

But instead I've decided to stab myself repeatedly in the buttocks with a rusty bread knife

Next on my list of shows I ignored when originally aired but have no choice to now watch as I've ran out of anything decent to watch.....

Murder Most Horrid

Very enjoyable

Written by Ian hislop!

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th June 2024, 10:45 PM

Well I was going to watch Coldplay live at Glastonbury

But instead I've decided to stab myself repeatedly in the buttocks with a rusty bread knife

Can't wait to see this. I actually like Colplay.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2024, 11:08 AM

Can't wait to see this. I actually like Colplay.

They did a brilliant set!

I just watched Steptoe and Son Christmas special from 1974 on That's TV.

I don't remember ever watching this but classic comedy, classic writing, classic acting.

Another 3 weeks off so I've finally just watched the much hyped "Withnail & I" for the first time.

Lots of very funny situations. I'd always got Richard E Grant and Hugh Grant mixed up. Anyway I felt that Vic Reeves had based one of his later characters on Richard's look.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2024, 5:04 PM

Another 3 weeks off so I've finally just watched the much hyped "Withnail & I" for the first time.

Lots of very funny situations. I'd always got Richard E Grant and Hugh Grant mixed up. Anyway I felt that Vic Reeves had based one of his later characters on Richard's look.

Brilliant - I love it, having watched it twice now ( 'I assure you, Officer. Honestly, I've only had a few ales' 😆)., BUT "I'd always got Richard E Grant and Hugh Grant mixed up" WHAT?!?! Two totally different actors - just finished the recent re-run of Dennis Potter's "Karaoke", which he was in, and was also excellent.

AND "I felt that Vic Reeves had based one of his later characters on Richard's look." What one would that be?????

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2024, 11:13 PM

Brilliant - I love it, having watched it twice now ( 'I assure you, Officer. Honestly, I've only had a few ales' 😆)., BUT "I'd always got Richard E Grant and Hugh Grant mixed up" WHAT?!?! Two totally different actors - just finished the recent re-run of Dennis Potter's "Karaoke", which he was in, and was also excellent.

AND "I felt that Vic Reeves had based one of his later characters on Richard's look." What one would that be?????

I was going to say Catterick but having looked that up I'm wrong. I'm sure he's done something with the lank black hair and staring eyes though.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th July 2024, 10:26 AM

I was going to say Catterick but having looked that up I'm wrong. I'm sure he's done something with the lank black hair and staring eyes though.

Don't know about the hair (sure you're not thinking about "Pulp Fiction"? 😁), but the staring eyes are almost a trade mark of his.

As I'm off convalescing (thanks for your sympathy Herc) I've started watching Countdown again. It took time to get used to it again after 8 out of Cats does.

Stewart Lee - Content provider