British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,278

A kick up the 80's

There was a video nasty parody in S2 ep1 that seriously disturbed me, like the Hell scene in The Young Ones s1 ep3. I've dug them out on BoobTube and they're not that bad. I think it was the combination of shock and my tender age. Sweeney Toddler by the Two Ronnies was pretty gross too. Shame cos everything else was cool.
There's actually a reaction vid to TYO that edits that scene out. Reaction vids are total shit.
The star of both shows was Wrick for me. Kevin's 'ere.
Going through a Jasper Carrott phase. I may be in the minority, but I think Funky Moped is the greatest work ever recorded. I'm amazed it rarely makes the Rolling Stone Top 100 Singles, unlike crap such as The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. Jasper is all these and more.

Kevin Turvey was EXTREMELY unfunny in the first few episodes

And Richard Stilgoe gives me the f**kin creeps

Stilgo's shit. Kevin Turvey was always awesome, especially The Man Behind The Green Door.

First few sketches were painfully unfunny

Rik even looked very nervous performing them

I watched Kevin Turvey - The Man Behind The Green Door when I was discovering The Young Ones and I loved it. Finally got a vid around 2008 and could still remember it.
Come to think (that's my brain in reverse), I saw a vid of his Kick... bits on vid circa 1993 and yeah, they weren't as funny.
There's an amazing skit taking the piss out of that seriously dodgy Channel Four shite Tiny Tots or whatever the f**k it was called, in which very young kids dressed up as pop singers. It was pulled (resist it) when they discovered they were attracting a dubious kinda audience. Tracy Ullman did a parody which is uncomfortable viewing but very courageous for the time and sadly accurate.

Oh yeah , Minipops

The people who made that should be on some sort of offenders list

Unbelievable!

On a much less unsavoury note, watched The Goodbye Girlagain last night.
Pure joy.
Know it line-for-line. but it never gets stale.

Today's Interesting Fact Not About The Spice Girls
If you quote all the Blackadder putdowns, starting at three o'clock in the afternoon, you are a c**t.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 9th October 2023, 1:42 PM

Today's Interesting Fact Not About The Spice Girls
If you quote all the Blackadder putdowns, starting at three o'clock in the afternoon, you are a c**t.

Michael you are madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of last year's Mr Madman competition

(Its only 1:49pm)

Well done.
When I am Prime Minister, my first law will be that if you quote Blackadder, you have to go down on Rowan Atkinson. If you quote it and pretend it's yours, you have to swallow too. And if it's the long winter nights line, then yes, that's how long you have to do it. That should shut them up.
My second law is that Jasper Carrott has to rerelease Funky Moped.

A programme about Andy Warhol.

And one of the first things an idiotic Yank says Superbowl is probably the most important sports event in the world.

Just shows how narrow-minded and egocentric Yanks are.

Yes it's obviously the Papa Johns Trophy

I think it was the lovely Anne Diamond who once said 'If the Superbowl is so important, why is it on in the middle of the night?'

Quote: fasty @ 10th October 2023, 4:00 AM

the lovely Anne Diamond

Which one was that? I only remember the stuck-up cow one. I liked her in Filthy Rich and Twatflap though. 'Yes... I'm lovely.'