British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,273

My landmark of 'nearly home is the Meadowhall shopping center in Sheffield.
I see it from the M1 on my left and always think 'ah, 25 mins to go and nearly all downhill.

I'm watching "World on Fire".

Frightening the Nazi policy of producing a Master Race with perfect young Aryan girls.

I'm watching Catterick

"Yeah a knowww!"

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th August 2023, 4:47 PM

I'm watching Catterick

I was watching Kempton Park.

Lovejoy so that I can see Lady Jane in her prime.

I was watching a new quiz on BBC earlier today.

I can't remember the actual question but it was "name the American state that etc etc etc."

She answered Japan.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st August 2023, 7:54 PM

I was watching a new quiz on BBC earlier today.

I can't remember the actual question but it was "name the American state that etc etc etc."

She answered Japan.

That might've been a reasonable response in the late 1940s.

My son and his wife are flying to Japan in about 10 days. I'm kicking myself for not inviting myself to join them.

Just watched Quatermass 2 on TPTV. Such brilliant special effects.

I know I'll get shit because it's on a streamer - but The Bear (Disney+) is bloody good TV.
It's labelled comedy/drama - and there are some laugh out loud bits & the dialogue is sharp - but it's drama, really.
It's real visceral stuff, fast-moving, great cinematography, big characters and performances.
Also, at 30 mins, refreshingly pinchy.
Well worth doing the free trial for - just set your alarm clock for cancellation (though there's lots of other good stuff on there)

Kenny Everett on YouTube. His first BBC series was hilarious.

Old Spice Girl footage just leaked. So did I when I saw it. It'll be streaming next.

I'm watching episode 7 of the second series of Sister Boniface.

It's about a Pirate Radio Station called Radio Catherine. It's broadcast on land and moves their location so they don't get caught.

It reminds me of Radio Jackie which was based in the Sutton area allegedly and would move around so as to not get caught.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd August 2023, 8:39 PM

It reminds me of Radio Jackie which was based in the Sutton area allegedly and would move around so as to not get caught.

That's Buster Edwards you're thinking of.

The 1970s Supermarket on Channel 5.

Vesta Curries, Chicken Kievs, Findus Crispy Pancakes, Angel Delight, Arctic Roll...

Arctic Roll is still a thing

Still tastes bloody amazing too

Classic albums on Sky Arts.

The Who Sell Out. A brilliant document of an album of its time featuring jingles from Radio London plus fictitious adverts as well. As well as some brilliant songs. I only realised today that Armenia City in the Sky (I'm an ear sitting in the sky) wasn't sung by Roger Daltrey but writer Speedie Keene of Thunderclap Newman.