British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,269

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th June 2023, 9:32 AM

1967 - Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder simply superb.

When he takes his blue comfort blanket off him - every time has me in hysterics 😂

This is SO funny..............

That's the one yeah

I've never even heard of that Mostel dude , he was brilliant!

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th June 2023, 11:33 AM

I've never even heard of that Mostel dude , he was brilliant!

I think he did mostly theatre work - his facial expressions when the blanket comes out..................😆

He also died pretty young and was blacklisted during the McCarthy era.
So, yes, a somewhat limited output.
He has a very poignant part in The Front(Woody Allen) where he plays a blacklisted comic.

Just realised I missed a pun there - "I think he did mostely theatre work"

It keeps me off the streets.......................

Losing your touch, Herc.
😄

I am old, you know................... 😩💀

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th June 2023, 12:06 PM

He also died pretty young and was blacklisted during the McCarthy era.
So, yes, a somewhat limited output.
He has a very poignant part in The Front(Woody Allen) where he plays a blacklisted comic.

Chubs?

I always listened to Pop Master whenever I could when it was on Radio 2. Up to about 15 years ago I even thought I could compete and often would get high scores but sometimes low because I really don't know a lot from this Century.

I'm currently watching Pop Master TV and am really out of my depth.

Yes, the TV version is way harder!

The lady who won it was genius

Quote: zooo @ 27th June 2023, 7:38 AM

Congrats!!!

The sound was annoying but it did get better later on, and some songs were absolutely fine. I still managed to enjoy the whole set, and Slash was flipping epic.

Thanks :) I started smoking rollups again which I never thought I would do after quitting over 15 years ago but I suppose it's the lesser of the two and is only meant to be temporary.

I've been reading a book on GN'R and it's apparent that when it comes to the opposite sex - Axl is a grade A f**king dirt bag

He should be in jail for the disgusting way he has assaulted numerous women

Absolute f**king animal

Yes, he's a dick. He did have a shit childhood, but that's no excuse.
I'm not a fan of his (although I loved him as a teenager before I knew anything about him) I just enjoy their music.

Yeah I always knew he had a reputation

But this goes waaaaaaaay beyond 'being a dick'

Quote: a plate @ 29th June 2023, 1:01 AM

Well, you may already know, but Slash was on Never Mind The Buzzcocks many years ago, on the same team as Phil Jupitus and Tony Blackburn, there are a few clips on Youtube.

It's what I expected where it doesn't quite work and falls a bit flat with scattered laughter. If only he had been on 8 Out Of 10 Cats on Jon Richardson's team and at the start Sean Lock shouts across..."Oi, take your hat and glasses off. You don't need to wear them indoors, take them off. I'm not playing until he takes off his hat and glasses".