British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,250

The Italian job

I just noticed Von Smallhausen off of Allo! Allo! has a small role

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th February 2023, 8:16 PM

The Italian job

I just noticed Von Smallhausen off of Allo! Allo! has a small role

Well he would have wouldn't he.

The first ever Lovejoy on Drama. Pre-mullett.

Any excuse to watch the lovely Lady Jane.

No mullet??

None?

What's the bloody point in that then

Quote: Chappers @ 27th February 2023, 3:30 PM

The first ever Lovejoy on Drama. Pre-mullett.

Any excuse to watch the lovely Lady Jane.

Pwhoar!

(That's Lady Jane, not Ian McShane, just to avoid any misunderstanding)

I have it on DVD somewhere, but BBC4 kindly repeated one of my all time favourite documentaries "Metroland" from 1973 by the late Sir John Betjeman, so it saved me getting the DVD out, as I like to watch this doc now and then....................

Blinking superb!! Apart from which, Sir John could've read the telephone directory and made it fascinating.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th March 2023, 12:48 AM

I have it on DVD somewhere, but BBC4 kindly repeated one of my all time favourite documentaries "Metroland" from 1973 by the late Sir John Betjeman, so it saved me getting the DVD out, as I like to watch this doc now and then....................

Blinking superb!! Apart from which, Sir John could've read the telephone directory and made it fascinating.

Have you got any of his LPs on the Famous Charisma label?

Quote: Chappers @ 4th March 2023, 8:53 AM

Have you got any of his LPs on the Famous Charisma label?

No, I don't but do have about half a dozen DVDs

Saturday Kitchen Live was on in the background this morning (I watch it for Keith Floyd, who is a hoot), and there was some young bird on there who had some 4 mill. cooking followers on her Tik Tok account, or some sort of nonsense, when she said "Yeah, I did it on a quim.........er, is that right? Or do I mean whim?" LOL, and mucho hilarity in the studio, and you know what a cackler Alesha Dixon is!

5 minutes later the anchor man Matt Tebbutt, had to apologise to "the people who knew what that word meant", and said she didn't know so he would explain it to her after the prog. - Yeah, like hell she didn't know what it meant.

Bert Bastard "I bloody love quim I do..."

Something I'm NOT going to watch is Nollie.

I can't believe that someone as sexy and glamourous as Helena Bonham Carter is playing a woman so plain and unattractive as Noelle Gordon.

Just started watching Hollywood on Netflix, about young hopefuls trying to break into the film business shortly after WW2. The older people who control the studios offer fame and wealth, the youngsters their talent and their bodies. Very funny and deliciously cynical.

Why are Channel 5 documentaries usually crap?

Much was lauded about the new Stephen Fry's "Dinosaur" series, with quality CGI never seen before (!!), which I was really looking forward to, it being far better than what was on offer 15 years ago - had to be better, right?

NO!! It is a load of rubbish! Poor, poor graphics and the whole programme is such a stupid idea, taking Stephen back millions of years to walk among dinosaurs, that Ray Harryhausen did a better job of 50 years ago with stop/motion!!

PBS America has the best documentaries

Election - with Matthew Broderick