British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,516

*looks away at the eating each other bits* :(

Alan Carr's Who Do You Think You Are.
Is the whole fecking episode about fecking football?
Talk about bloody boring.

Pretty woman, now if Working Girls on later it'll be a perfect evening

Quote: zooo @ September 14 2011, 9:10 PM BST

Alan Carr's Who Do You Think You Are.
Is the whole fecking episode about fecking football?
Talk about bloody boring.

Football and the war.

The rest of it was good. Just that first 15 minutes that made me sleepy.

Saw him talking about the shocking reveal on J.Ross, but didn't actually catch it- was it terribly exciting?

His great grandad deserted the army and went on the run! Changed his name and was on a wanted list for the rest of his life.
Eep.

Was an awkward one. Who wants to find out your Granddad was a deserter*? He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I suppose it's not as simple as to just judge him negatively but the reasoning Alan came up with (in regards to wanting to be with his family) isn't really justifiable as the majority of the men fighting would have preferred to be at home too. I know I would shit my pants if I was called up to service like that though.

*waits for pudding joke...

Yeah. He did do a bit of fighting before he buggered off though, so maybe he thought he'd had his turn and he'd be doing a more important job at home actually raising his kids.
Who knows!

I think it's fair enough to say he could have protested against the war, as Alan suggested. Not many would bat an eyelid if somebody did that today.

Awkward indeed.. presumably they don't get to choose what bits are aired? Or does the prod co purposefully choose an angle/relative?
Felt a bit like that with Chickens, thought it was well done but a bit taking the piss out of people who are probably no longer here to join in the debate

im watching funny shit like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOBi7AZD2Fc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhB5F__9VIw

:( Spoilers involved there , recorded the Alan Carr.

'Up All Night'; new sitcom that started this week, starring Will Arnett (GOB) and Christina Applegate. It's about two fast living people who have a baby. They're good in it, but it was more than a little light on the laughs. I'll watch a couple more, see if it develops.

I love 'Who Do You Think You Are?' but the Alan Carr thing was the most boring I've seen.