British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,511

I haven't watched Torchwood since about episode four or five, and I'm not sure I'll bother catching up.

Quote: zooo @ September 8 2011, 9:01 PM BST

Don't give any spoilers (well kind of spoilers) on this threadddd! (I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet). I'm well behind.

They all died at the beginning.

9/11 Conspiracy Roadtrip. (BBC3)

Five British beleivers in conspiracy theories about 9/11 are taken on a trip to America to see whether they will change their minds. This should be interesting as I'm still on the fence over this, my skeptical mind leads me to reject conspiracy theories but I still have a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind.

Quote: 404 Not Found @ September 8 2011, 9:03 PM BST

Five British beleivers in conspiracy theories about 9/11 are taken on a trip to America to see whether they will change their minds. This should be interesting as I'm still on the fence over this, my skeptical mind leads me to reject conspiracy theories but I still have a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind.

:S

Ok I'm convinced now, 9/11 happened as per the official story.

The nagging doubts have been settled. I no longer give any credence to the conspiracy theories.

404. It happened. Sod the conspriacy theories. It happened. I saw it. End of.

The last 30 minutes of England v Wales: The Legends on ITV4+1. I wish I'd watched more of it as some of it is hilarious.

Quote: 404 Not Found @ September 8 2011, 9:03 PM BST

Am watching it now. Makes the conspiracists look suitably retarded.
Good programme.

Anyone else seen Shark Tank, The American version of Dragon's Den? Shows the biggest difference between us of any US remake I've seen. It's much more show biz than real biz. The sharks are more relaxed looking than our dragons, more in tune with the people asking for their money. It doesn't seem like there's a huge division between them, as there does on DD usually. One of them is a rude loud mouth intent on belittling the 'entrepreneurs', who are generally quite cocky themselves and not camera shy like many of ours in DD have been.

It seems they all have the gift of the gab, even if their schemes are ludicrous.
Haven't seen one who's fallen apart with nerves yet, but I've only watched one and a half shows. I am finding it hard to focus on the products and schemes because it seems too much about style and presentation to me, and the sharks do like the sound of the their own voices. How American is that! It all seems so casual though, their general approach to business and money! Very very unBritish. I'll watch because it could offer good tips on how to loosen up your presentation to really shine, but that snake oil approach doesn't always go down well over here. Interesting contrast though.

:) Is that the Donald Trump one?

No that's The Apprentice which we copied. Dragons' Den they copied. DD is still the most useful to watch if you have dreams of going into business.

;) Alf are you going into business?

Am already in it (in a small way) but I have dreams of getting out of it, well, getting into something new, always on the look for a new niche. Aint easy tho.

Same here, have loads of inventions but you have to patent them.

One was for an 'electric suitcase'.

I've heard of far worse. The patenting thing is important but not overly so, imo. Marketing is, easily. If you sure you have a unique prod. that pwople want then apply for patent and go ahead with it, my advice, if you have the money and time that is. Should never wait for patent to be granted. Can take years. Having said that, getting that unique idea is very hard. Was amazed that other products existed that I thought I invented. :O