British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,495

Newsnight. David Starkey's blaming "black culture" for the riots.

David Starkey making a bell-end of himself on Newsnight.

Watching that now.

Chip beat me to this. It's going to be a big YouTube hit.

I do like the big gay historian, though. He's an interesting chap.

Emily Maitliss seemed to miss what he was saying at first and now she seems irate with him.

Do any of you men fancy the interviewer? I always think she's the type that men will fancy.

Quote: chipolata @ August 12 2011, 10:51 PM BST

I do like the big gay historian, though. He's an interesting chap.

He started backtracking a bit, but didn't really have a defence against the implication that David Lammy sounds white so he is a better person.

Quote: keewik @ August 12 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Do any of you men fancy the interviewer? I always think she's the type that men will fancy.

She looks like a better fed version of SJP. For avoidance of doubt, it's a no.

Quote: keewik @ August 12 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Do any of you men fancy the interviewer?

She's posh but she looks like she might be a dirty whore behind closed doors. So yes.

Quote: keewik @ August 6 2011, 9:56 PM BST

'The Impressionists' and the presenter, whom I respect, is doing my head in by pronouncing Van Gogh as 'Van GoFF'. Where the He'll do they get this 'GoFF' business? I'm reliably informed from Holland that it's pronounced 'Choch' - both 'ch' as in 'loch'.

VanGo is worse.

Yes.

I pronounce it Van Goff and I don't care if it's right in his native language! I'm English, innit.

VanGo sounds like a rental firm.

From a nation that pronounces (and spells) Firenze as Florence and Livorno as Leghorn mispronouncing the name of one Dutch bloke is no big deal. Besides it is impossible to pronounce anything Dutch properly without gargling on a pint of phlegm.

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 12:27 AM BST

It is almost worth starting up a post-impressionist courier business just in order to use it.

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 12:27 AM BST

:D