British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,247

Quote: EllieJP @ October 11 2010, 8:43 PM BST

Watching about the Vikings but everyone's status updates keep saying EastEnders is sad. What happened? Bearing in mind I haven't watched it for 6 years... Let's go for events rather than names.

Well. Do you remember little Billie? Son of Carole (who is mother of Bianca).
He left as a little boy with an afro, and came back recently as a teenager in the army.
It was his birthday and he got very pished, fell asleep on the sofa and woke up dead. (So to speak).
It was pretty well acted and stuff! Little bit disturbing and sad.

History of Horrow was dead good, I'm definitely sticking with it.

Stay watching for Bride of Frankenstien. if you have not seen it is great.

I'm going to definitely not download it. Shhh.

VANESSA FELTZ SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON TV.

That's a Truism
I was watching that as well.

Now It's Rhod Gilberts thing

I assumed she was still watching Bride of Frankenstein.

Damn, didn't set that to record. Will have to watch it on Thursday :(

Laughing out loud

Quote: Timbo @ October 11 2010, 10:59 PM BST

I assumed she was still watching Bride of Frankenstein.

Laughing out loud

The Only Way Is Essex on ITV2. What a bizarre show. I can't figure out if it's a really contrived fly on the wall documentary or a shockingly bad Hollyoaks style drama.

It is part scripted, part improvised, with real people (if you can call them that) or rather auditioned "friends."

It's a bit like a show that I was invited to write for; a "reality" show about champagne-swilling clubbers.
They too were real people (auditioned of course) but each episode was planned as a self contained "story," scene by scene with improvised banter.

Funnily enough, it certainly says something about The Only Way Is Essex (and numpty channel ITV2 in general) when it's target audience (airhead 20-something chavs) post on Facebook and Twitter, all saying they hate it.

Oh... and...

EastEnders was very well scripted and acted tonight.
Yes. I said EastEnders.

Usually somebody dies at the end of the show, with the next episode being set some time later.
But this one dealt with the aftermath of a death for the entire episode, mostly in realtime.

I'm not surprised everyone says they hate The Only Way Is Essex on Twitter and Facebook, but I think it will become a cult hit. It's car crash fascinating.

I think there's some propa good actors in Eastenders. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit too. But the Shirley character is one of the best I've seen, and the actress who plays her really adds a lot of depth.

There's no point in defending it against someone who has never watched it or any soaps. I think it's just a matter of suspending your belief and enjoying it for what it is with it's faults, humour and occasional successful drama.

But before I get carried away...

GOODNIGHT!

Wave

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ October 12 2010, 1:43 AM BST

Oh... and...

EastEnders was very well scripted and acted tonight.
Yes. I said EastEnders.

Usually somebody dies at the end of the show, with the next episode being set some time later.
But this one dealt with the aftermath of a death for the entire episode, mostly in realtime.

Agreed!

Quote: Leevil @ October 12 2010, 4:36 AM BST

I think there's some propa good actors in Eastenders. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit too. But the Shirley character is one of the best I've seen, and the actress who plays her really adds a lot of depth.

I think the boy who plays Jay is brilliant.

Quote: zooo @ October 11 2010, 9:16 PM BST

Well. Do you remember little Billie? Son of Carole (who is mother of Bianca).
He left as a little boy with an afro, and came back recently as a teenager in the army.
It was his birthday and he got very pished, fell asleep on the sofa and woke up dead. (So to speak).
It was pretty well acted and stuff! Little bit disturbing and sad.

Oh I do remember little Billy.

I now have a horrible image of that cute little boy dying. :(

Ah, well he wasn't cute anymore.

Although on Twitter everyone's saying 'OMG why dey kilin off teh only goodlooking one on Eastenders??'