British Comedy Guide

Derek - Series 1 Page 25

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 9:51 PM GMT

I watched one ep of Miranda and f*cking hated it.

You can't say that until you've written a sitcom that's been broadcast on TV.

No that's not the point is it. I was saying IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH IT.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 10:01 PM GMT

No that's not the point is it.

Well, it is. But as your IQ is lower than Derek's I think I'll ignore you from now on.

Quote: Jinky @ March 7 2013, 9:45 PM GMT

Derek (two syllables, rhymes with 'spastic')

Lol, what kind of weird accent do you have?

Swiss

Did you watch the YouTube link I posted?

I'd love to know how any Derek-Lover could watch it and explain the series.

Great comeback. Childlike. Your IQ must be very high...

I'm sure you're writing something that will be on air soon then yeah? What's that? No you're not. Why's that? Oh right yeah because you spend your time on here slagging everyone else off and cry wanking at your own failure.

I watched one ep of Miranda and f*cking hated it, I didn't continue to watch it and then take to a forum to express how shit I thought it was.

Now go and write something get it produced and we can all judge your effort can't we.

Everyone's a f*cking critic!

One does not have to be a comedy writer to have or express an opinion about comedy.

I'm sure you're writing something that will be on air soon then yeah? What's that? No you're not. Why's that? Oh right yeah because you spend your time on here slagging everyone else off and cry wanking at your own failure.

I watched one ep of Miranda and f*cking hated it, I didn't continue to watch it and then take to a forum to express how shit I thought it was.

Now go and write something get it produced and we can all judge your effort can't we.

Everyone's a f*cking critic!

Everyone's allowed an opinion like it or not! Gervais is a complete gob shite who didn't do enough research about Asperger's syndrome before making money of a shite comedy about it.

Is he going to donate any money to the cause? Nah.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion true my point was IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH IT. Again!!! The show wasn't about Asperger's that was the point it was to look beyond that it was about the character. As for the YouTube clip Gervais stand up is an 'act' shocking but true and he created the character 'Derek years before this as proved by another clip hiding on YouTube.

I'm glad you agree. But equally, as I said, people are entitled to express their opinion. And they don't have to heed your advice not to watch.

The simple fact is that a great many people have been captivated, like watching an horrendous multi-fatality pile-up on the opposite motorway carriageway, by Derek. They thought of Gervais highly, thought they loved him and his work, and then felt near abhorrence at his latest project(s).

Other people liked those projects.

Simple.

The people who have been slating Derek have never thought of Gervais highly. Yes they liked The Office, who didn't? The comments recently are based purely on jealousy and self hatred because they know they can't do better.

Simple

can't wait for series 2 #amazballs

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 10:39 PM GMT

The people who have been slating Derek have never thought of Gervais highly. Yes they liked The Office, who didn't? The comments recently are based purely on jealousy and self hatred because they know they can't do better.

Simple

Okay. I see. Well, nevermind then. Let's just agree that perhaps a forum of open discussion is not a place for a person of your mentality.

I've no objection to open discussion but 'Gervais is a complete gob shite' is hardly a discussion is it. I making my point as you say everyone is entitled to do so. If you find my mentality offensive or difficult to grasp that is not really my problem is it.

Well it's you seeming to bust a blood vessel, and you blindly dismissing any criticism of the series as "jealousy and self hatred". Are you sure you're not Jane Fallon?